Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

frantic feeder?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 24 Replies
Sorry yet another question.. my daughter will be 3 weeks on Thursday. About three days or so ago she started being really frantic at feedings like crying and just sucking a little but not latching then taking her head away crying and then get latched on a few seconds later she will unlatch and crythen I re latch her and she might eat or repeat process a couple times. She has no signs of illness but in general is very fussy. it seems the only time she's awake and not crying is if she's in a front pack and I'm vacuuming or if I'm nursing. but she still starts out frantic. Before this she really didn't cry unless I was changing her. If she had an ear infection would she have other symptoms besides crying?
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Welcome to the three week growth spurt! Hang in there mama, it will pass! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

At 3 weeks old, that's growth spurt behavior.  If she likes being worn, nurse her in your carrier.

sreichelt26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM

sounds like a growth spurt :)

addyangel
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Mine did that at 14-15 weeks for a few days. She's been fine for the last week or so.

thedathree
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Welcome to the three week growth spurt! Hang in there mama, it will pass! :)

even if a few days before this started she just began sleeping longer stretches? if she's hungry why doesn't she latch on and spit out nipple or not nurse as easily? ii have to try a few times and she doesn't latch right away
thedathree
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Quoting addyangel:

Mine did that at 14-15 weeks for a few days. She's been fine for the last week or so.

what was it? my apartment walls are so thin my neighbors are getting mad at night she crys and they hear it every time she gets up to eat.
thedathree
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Quoting K8wizzo:

At 3 weeks old, that's growth spurt behavior.  If she likes being worn, nurse her in your carrier.

she takes forever to latch though and spits my nip out. it doesn't make sense :(
RadnRem
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this
That behavior tells your body how to make the perfect, tailor made milk specifically for her. Thats what they are doing when the cry and frequently latch/unlatch at the breast during a growth spurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom_to_Lincoln
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

my ds does this sometimes when his nose is stuffy, maybe she has a bit of a cold.

addyangel
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quoting thedathree:

Quoting addyangel:

what was it? my apartment walls are so thin my neighbors are getting mad at night she crys and they hear it every time she gets up to eat.

I figured it was a growth spurt or growing pains. Make sure you keep calm as well, baby can sense when you tense up and get frustrated, and it frustrates baby.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

To become a mother is a monumental decision. It is to decide to forever let your heart go walking arouond outside your body.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)