Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok, I just read this article that said that men have the phiscal capability to bf to. What does eveyone think about that! Weird, cool, wish more men would do it? What's your take?
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chrissydan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:13 PM
The only word that comes to mind is wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Umm how?? Men dont have mamory (spelling check) Glands, nor are they able to produce the hormones needed... And even if it was possible,, MEN really? Lets all think about that for a second...

JaxMomma78
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe they meant "nurse" not really BF.  a baby could suckle on the men's nipple, but not get any milk out of it.  (not that i would really want my DH to give DS his nipple, haha)

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM
No. Men CAN actually lactate! There is a video online about a man who lactated for his baby.

Quoting JaxMomma78:

maybe they meant "nurse" not really BF.  a baby could suckle on the men's nipple, but not get any milk out of it.  (not that i would really want my DH to give DS his nipple, haha)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

i've read an article about it before.. a bit weird, kinda cool in a weird way..

not sure how I feel about it personally though lol.

Monkeymama930
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Yes it did say bf that man can lactate that in most cases it takes hormones to jump start the milk production but once started a man can nurse.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Men do have mammary glands, which is why they can get breast cancer.  It takes a hormone jumpstart, which naturally occurs in a starvation situation, meaning that dad can feed the young if mom dies; synthetic hormones can help men to lactate and some have.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Umm how?? Men dont have mamory (spelling check) Glands, nor are they able to produce the hormones needed... And even if it was possible,, MEN really? Lets all think about that for a second...

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM

wow...

Quoting K8wizzo:

Men do have mammary glands, which is why they can get breast cancer.  It takes a hormone jumpstart, which naturally occurs in a starvation situation, meaning that dad can feed the young if mom dies; synthetic hormones can help men to lactate and some have.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

sleepymommy87
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I would rather dh learn to lactate and nurse dd than give her formula if I died haha. But while I'm still alive, breastfeeding is MY job only. :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)