Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kind of a tmi question...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so I'm pregnant with dd2 at 38w. I have been slightly lactating since about month five. Not a lot but never anything different from my first pregnancy until recently. What ever I'm lactating is starting to smell sour. What is up with that? Is it ok or something to be worried about?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FionasMommie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Have you been nursing through your pregnancy? I've heard about that sort of thing happening, or your nursling mentioning that the milk tastes funny, but it changes again once the new baby comes.

I definitely wouldn't worry :)

GaGirl09
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Not at all that's what's weird. Dd1 is 2 1/2 and hadn't breast fed since 9 months. So i gave been lactating since my 5th month in this pregnancy but only in the past week or two it has smelled sour. I don't remembering this happening while pregnant with dd1

Quoting FionasMommie:

Have you been nursing through your pregnancy? I've heard about that sort of thing happening, or your nursling mentioning that the milk tastes funny, but it changes again once the new baby comes.

I definitely wouldn't worry :)

MethodMom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Are you wearing nursing pads or just letting the milk catch on your bra. 

I had sour smelling milk too but I figured out it was the milk that had already leaked that was smelling sour. I just had to change my pads more often. 

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I agree with pp. it's just the colostrum that has leaked that smells sour. :) no worries mom! Tuck in some breast pads and change them regularly.
GaGirl09
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I broke out the left over pads from dd1 and all is better! Lol i feel stupid now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)