Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Being pressured to formula feed.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 21 Replies
I REFUSE to do so but i hate being pressured.
My husbands family doesn't see a difference between formula and bf. My mil is constantly telling me that now that my daughter is 3 months I should switch, she thinks my dd is too attached to me and that I need to get her off my boob.
Oh and she thinks it is time for me to give her cereal. Um... No.
Ugh. Rebekah is my baby, NOT hers.
Just annoyed and needed to vent a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell them to research the risks of formula before they push it on you again. What does your husband say about his family's actions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mindysue852
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
There are so many people that are ignorant to the pros of bf/cons of ff. you are doing the right thing and their opinion doesn't matter! I know how you feel tho my dad thinks bf is gross and wouldn't hold my son after eating or feed him a bottle of breastmilk because he feared my son would spitup my milk on him.
NollynsMommy14
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Stay strong in your shoes mama! Go you!!! :) 

justone_jen
by Jen on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Personally, to keep the peace, I say things like, "The doctor wants xyz." People tend to respect doctor's opinions more than anything factual I could present. It's just an easy way to get people to shut up. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AbigailJ89
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM
If only that worked with my mil.
Tried that and she told me "you can't always listen to the doctor."
Yeah..... Lol. I just stay quiet.

Quoting justone_jen:

Personally, to keep the peace, I say things like, "The doctor wants xyz." People tend to respect doctor's opinions more than anything factual I could present. It's just an easy way to get people to shut up. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbigailJ89
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Thankfully he is supportive of me. Tells me to just ignore them. He makes me feel like I am doing what is right for our baby :)

Quoting aehanrahan:

Tell them to research the risks of formula before they push it on you again. What does your husband say about his family's actions?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Just tune them out, rise above it, and refuse to discuss it. It's amazing how much people leave you alone when they know you're set in your decisions and don't give a, shit what they have to say about it :-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicky2911
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I feel ya...  

KeiraRose
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Lol I know the feeling, my daughter is two weeks old and her grandmother (my mom) thinks it's time she gets ff. I just told her she had her chance to feed a baby whatever she thought was the best now it's my turn and back off. Yes my daughter eats much more often then a ff baby but she's also much healthier and that's all I care about. Plus it's a wonderful way to bond with her.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:02 AM
5 moms liked this

He needs to do more than that. He needs to tell his mother to STOP. He should remember you are the family he picked; his parents are merely the family they happened to be born into. And the family you pick must always come first.

And when it's YOUR turn to be the mother in law... remember all of this so your child doesn't have to give you the same lecture. **grin**

Quoting AbigailJ89:

Thankfully he is supportive of me. Tells me to just ignore them. He makes me feel like I am doing what is right for our baby :)
Quoting aehanrahan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN