Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teething help

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 7 months and is cutting a lot of teeth at once.  He cut the 2 bottom ones about a month ago and I havent had any problems until the last week.  Now he has the 2 side teeth on top that have cut through, plus the 2 very front ones are very close to breaking through.

My nipples huuuurrrt.  Its very similar to that first initial breastfeeding pain/soreness.   I am keeping an eye on his latch and if he slides down, I correct it.  But I dont know if that is where all the soreness is coming from.  Because he doesnt slide down that often. 

I thought it might be his teeth just scraping a little, but most of the pain is on the bottom.....and his toungue covers those teeth.  so....I dont know.

Is it just his latch changing to adjust to having teeth?

Any advice is really appreciated!  Thank you!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Yeah you said it,, Its probibaly just his mouth ajusting to the teeth.Also when my sons bottom teeth were coming through he nursed alot more and i got a little sore from that...   lanolin, & heat pads

gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM

That and saliva. See the kellymom article on teeth scraping. You're doing the right things.

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Breast milk freezer pops. Take a clean sanitize ice tray. Put some of your breast milk and cover and freeze. Use Mesh feeder or some cheese cloth tied around the ice cube... your child will enjoy that.. and it'll soothe the baby's teeth also buy an amber necklace... make sure its real... I have 1 left if you're interested it's 12 dollars posted included if you're in Canada add a dollar 80
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Try to do the ice breast milk at before you nurse that way the gums are relieved
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)