Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ds not gaining weight dh blaming me =(

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:51 PM
  • 43 Replies

I still haven't been able to get milk supply back and ds is refusing to nurse but i am pumping every 2 hours. Lc was here today for a simple weight check and he is only 7lb 1/2 oz. after lc left dh went on to tell me that it's my fault and the lc is probably going to call cyf because she thinks were starving him. hes only eating 2 oz every 2-3 hrs and he will be 2 months christmas. he told me that by now he would be eating way more and much heavier if i would of started with all formula from the start. i know hes wrong. i know that cant be the case but he made me feel so bad! im just trying to do whats right by my baby its not like during this time im not producing milk im not feeding him! im feeding him constantly! i dont sleep at night because i wake up take half hour to feed him the bottle then another half hour to put him to sleep and on top of that another half hour to pump. he refuses to eat any more than 2 oz every 2 hours and sometimes 3. idk i guess im venting here but if u happen to know any health issues that could cause poor weight gain id really appreciate that.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this
2oz every 2hrs is normal.
Try cutting out bottles and using an sns.
You can't trust the lc travel scales as those are notoriously inaccurate
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Age and full weight history, diaper count
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM

This,. Also I dont think a LC would call child Protective service for something like this. If your doing everything your supposed to. If you want your supply to go back up then you have to nurse you baby, then pump. What is the Dr saying?

Quoting melindabelcher:

2oz every 2hrs is normal.
Try cutting out bottles and using an sns.
You can't trust the lc travel scales as those are notoriously inaccurate

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM

How are his diapers? 
DH needs to calm down a bit. If his diapers are still good, he could just have a fast metabolism. Weight isn't always a good determinator of anything. My dd didn't gain a whole lot of anything for the longest time either. She is 3 now and perfectly healthy! 

jeslc03
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM
What is his weight history?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM
2-3oz is perfect every 2hrs. Ds prob has a fast metabolism. Keep nursing...get rid of bottles
miss.wilfred
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Tell him grow some tits and feed him or stfu breast feeding is hard and making you stress is affecting your supply. Besides 2 oz is normal and maybe your baby just has a fast metabolism. Don't feel bad your going all u can.
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Yeah we need a weight histrory before we can give you an suggestions really. But 2 ounces every 2 hours is great!

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM

what a jerk! Is your baby screaming his head off? If so, then hes starving, if not then he isnt!

last attempt if all else fails, You can supplement with formula. Also look into these, they worked for me and mothers milk tea as well 

http://www.fairhavenhealth.com/nursing-blend.html

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mommytotwinz
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM

6lb 8 oz at birth 6lb 3oz discharged and 2 weeks ago he was 6lb 11oz. he has pee almost every feeding poop atleast twice a day. he wont latch at all now without the breast shield and with the breast shield he latches for a minute then screams his head off. hes not one to comfort nurse either not even with a paci. im actually taking reglan right now to try to get my supply back but im pretty sure all this stress isnt helping. dh is completely against me bf now so thats not helping at all. sorry it took me so long to answer i was breaking up a fight between my 2 older kids. ds is not crying hes content after feedings its not like hes starving just not gaining.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)