Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi! New here :)

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hey yall! Im new to the group and just wanted to give an into: My name is Trish, I have a DS, 3 yrs old and another brand new DS who was born 12/15/12 :) 7lbs 12 oz 20.25 inches. I BF my 1st but he wouldnt latch on so I had to pump and bottle feed. It got too challenging once I returned to work 8 weeks pp so I gave into formula :(..Hes super healthy and great now though! My newest addition is the total opposite. He latched right away after a bit of work the 1st try. I am thoroughly enjoying every second of it! I am however, searching for some advice about your diet while BF. I am starving constantly and keep listening to my body when its hungry but whoa! I never thought I could eat this much and already back in my size 1 jeans. (Hell yea!)..But any advice as far as eating or things to avoid?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
you can eat or drink whatever is normal for you pretty much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Eat and drink AS YOU LIKE. Protein can help with the constant hunger.

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! Congrats on your newest little guy!!
Eat to hunger, drink to thirst.
Try to keep quick healthy snacks readily available
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome :) Just don't do illegal drugs and stay away from alcohol (some are fine with the occasional drink). I always keep water by me and snacks,....high protein snacks are great!

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
ljpaszek
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Today is day 13 for us... And I can totally relate to the constant hunger. I will eat a meal (full dinner) and less than 15 minutes after my last bite I will be in the kitchen getting a snack! My husband jokes that I am worse than s teen age boy and will eat us out of house and home. I'm way below my pre pregnancy weight and I cannot wait to get back to working out again(I had a csection). 

justone_jen
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! Eat what you want, though a healthy diet is great for YOU. Congrats on your new bebe!
Trishi1207
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Isnt it great? Lol! I also have an excuse to keep shopping @ the local co-op for organic and delicious food. The milk cravings I have are just insane. I could drink over half a gallon in a day.

Quoting ljpaszek:

Today is day 13 for us... And I can totally relate to the constant hunger. I will eat a meal (full dinner) and less than 15 minutes after my last bite I will be in the kitchen getting a snack! My husband jokes that I am worse than s teen age boy and will eat us out of house and home. I'm way below my pre pregnancy weight and I cannot wait to get back to working out again(I had a csection). 

ljpaszek
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM

For some reason I am lucky if I drink 1 glass of something that isn't water all day... I have gone a few days where the only drink I've had is water. I am constantly thirsty so I drink 60 to 90 oz of water a day. I really don't mind the hunger at all :)

Quoting Trishi1207:

Isnt it great? Lol! I also have an excuse to keep shopping @ the local co-op for organic and delicious food. The milk cravings I have are just insane. I could drink over half a gallon in a day.

Quoting ljpaszek:

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
This!
Welcome to the group and congratulations on the new baby. :-)

Quoting gdiamante:

Eat and drink AS YOU LIKE. Protein can help with the constant hunger.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trishi1207
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I am the exact same with water too. Its funny because DF has the routine down. If baby starts crying to nurse and hes there, he automatically gets me the boppy pillow, newspaper or book to read and an ice water. Lol

Quoting ljpaszek:

For some reason I am lucky if I drink 1 glass of something that isn't water all day... I have gone a few days where the only drink I've had is water. I am constantly thirsty so I drink 60 to 90 oz of water a day. I really don't mind the hunger at all :)

Quoting Trishi1207:

Quoting ljpaszek:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)