Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

One boob per feeding

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 22 Replies

Ladies, I am wondering! Sophie is 7weeksas of yesterday and she always nursed only on one boob per feeding for apprx 15 minutes, but now its only around 6minutes! If I offer her the other boob she drinks from it but then spits up, while if I dont she is ok! Is one boob for around 6 minutes enough for a baby? She eats around every 2 hours during the day and has one 4-5hour strech at night! I nurse on demand! Thank you and happy holidays!x

by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bpryce
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds only ever nursed from one boob for about 5-15min, just depending on the time of day. He was happy and content after each feeding. Id say as long as baby is happy and your getting enough wet diapers then your fine. Some babies eat faster, and some take their time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paradys
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You're doin perfect, the spit-up is cause her stomach is too full. The little flap at the top of the stomach doesn't fully close till around 6 mnths, so if they over-fill the tummy it just comes right back up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
szimona
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Quoting bpryce:

My ds only ever nursed from one boob for about 5-15min, just depending on the time of day. He was happy and content after each feeding. Id say as long as baby is happy and your getting enough wet diapers then your fine. Some babies eat faster, and some take their time.

YES! This exactly, depending a time of the day but not more than 8-10minutes which is usually at before bedtime! She is happy and content and has enough wet diapers! but speaking of that, lately when I check her diaper after her 5 hour strech is usually dry, but then dring the day she has full wet diaper at every change, ehich is usually before the feeding unless there is poop! Is it "normal" to have dry diaper after a long sleep strech?

IansMommy2012
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
If fine :) nurse on demand like that and she will b fine'! She knows when she's hungry and will let u know ! At least this way u know she's not over eating !! Happy holidays
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Ellie nurses off one boob for about 3 min. But nurses every hr
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this
As long as theres enough diapers it's perfect :)

Quoting szimona:

Quoting bpryce:

YES! This exactly, depending a time of the day but not more than 8-10minutes which is usually at before bedtime! She is happy and content and has enough wet diapers! but speaking of that, lately when I check her diaper after her 5 hour strech is usually dry, but then dring the day she has full wet diaper at every change, ehich is usually before the feeding unless there is poop! Is it "normal" to have dry diaper after a long sleep strech?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

That'a fine! Why do you have any whole clocks in your home? Smashed into tiny pieces, please. The ONLY thing you count is diapers. Never minutes or anything else. Adn yes, it;s normal to have a dry dipe after such a long sleep. Total changes per day are all that matters.

You're perfect. No messing with it.

KendraCay
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was the same way until about 12-13 months, that's when she started nursing longer and on both sides
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
szimona
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quoting melindabelcher:

Ellie nurses off one boob for about 3 min. But nurses every hr

how old is she?

szimona
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gdiamante:

That'a fine! Why do you have any whole clocks in your home? Smashed into tiny pieces, please. The ONLY thing you count is diapers. Never minutes or anything else. Adn yes, it;s normal to have a dry dipe after such a long sleep. Total changes per day are all that matters.

You're perfect. No messing with it.

Awwwww, well thank you!!!x

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)