Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breast feeding mom kicked out of Hollister in Galleria Mall in Houston UPDATE! SECOND UPDATE WITH PICTURES FROM AROUND THE NATION!

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/20436355/2012/12/27/breast-feeding-mom-says-hollister-manager-threw-her-out  I'm in the general area, so I'm going to go in there tomorrow if I can and breast feed just to tick them off. If they try to kick me out I'm going to say, "Ok, I just need to make a couple of calls first. Gotta call Fox News and my lawyer." hehehe.

ETA: I did it! Parking is a nightmare at the Galleria! Nobody hassled me, though. Pic on p. 5

The official nurse in was today. I wanted to go back to the Galleria again but dh was having a fit about it so we compromised and I nursed in at the Woodlands Mall which is closer to us. Here's the pics.At first I was by myself, but then this Momma showed up.

This is Brittany Warfield. She's the mother who started it all when she was kicked out of the Hollister in the Galleria Mall in Houston. :)

Lakeland square mall, (I don't think the pic was labeled with  the state). These women are being told by security that they can't sit, but they can stand.

This one is somewhere in Fl.

Willowbrook Mall, NJ

This woman, and her two friends in Concord Mall in Delaware were harrassed by security. Here is a link to the story on them... http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/07/16389791-breast-feeding-moms-say-they-were-harassed-by-security-at-delaware-mall?lite  It doesn't look like it's going to be clicky, but if not I'm not sure how to make it clicky...

There's many more stories and pics from this nationwide event here... http://www.facebook.com/jennie.cashmere#!/events/191004591024062/192818427509345/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Replies (51-60):
aleta.mcvey
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:24 AM
sorry wrong link... oops. https://www.facebook.com/events/191004591024062/
aleta.mcvey
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM
spread the word mommas!!:)
BreastyMommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:30 AM
U rock momma! If i could i would do breastfeed without a cover!!! Too bad I'm in Cali.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Ive nursed my kids in our Hollister. Never had anyone say a word. I don't fit most of their clothes though so don't go in often
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM

BUMP!

christi34
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

This is on Facebook!!

loisl25
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I know. I've been on that page too. :)

Quoting christi34:

This is on Facebook!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ImTalkingShutUp
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
This is ridiculous well y'all are ridiculous. There's a nursing area in every mall where y'all can breast feed as much as y'all want. I'm not trying to judge your parenting skills but why would you want to nurse your child in a stuffy store that plays extremely loud music?
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this
The nursing area in the woodlands is Off of the women's room. My husband cannot join me, therefore I would have to leave him for 20 minutes. I should not have to isolate myself every time my baby needs to eat. Shame on you for not supporting nip. The taboo won't be broken unless women start nip.

Quoting ImTalkingShutUp:

This is ridiculous well y'all are ridiculous. There's a nursing area in every mall where y'all can breast feed as much as y'all want. I'm not trying to judge your parenting skills but why would you want to nurse your child in a stuffy store that plays extremely loud music?

nvallad
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree! Not to mention, women shouldn't have to go into a filthy bathroom to feed her child. Nobody would say a thing to a mother bottle feeding her child, so what's the big deal!? Don't like it? DON'T LOOK, and mind your own business! I would love, love, LOVE it if someone tried telling me to stop feeding my son!

Quoting BabyPink07:

The nursing area in the woodlands is Off of the women's room. My husband cannot join me, therefore I would have to leave him for 20 minutes. I should not have to isolate myself every time my baby needs to eat. Shame on you for not supporting nip. The taboo won't be broken unless women start nip.

Quoting ImTalkingShutUp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)