Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast feeding mom kicked out of Hollister in Galleria Mall in Houston UPDATE! SECOND UPDATE WITH PICTURES FROM AROUND THE NATION!

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/20436355/2012/12/27/breast-feeding-mom-says-hollister-manager-threw-her-out  I'm in the general area, so I'm going to go in there tomorrow if I can and breast feed just to tick them off. If they try to kick me out I'm going to say, "Ok, I just need to make a couple of calls first. Gotta call Fox News and my lawyer." hehehe.

ETA: I did it! Parking is a nightmare at the Galleria! Nobody hassled me, though. Pic on p. 5

The official nurse in was today. I wanted to go back to the Galleria again but dh was having a fit about it so we compromised and I nursed in at the Woodlands Mall which is closer to us. Here's the pics.At first I was by myself, but then this Momma showed up.

This is Brittany Warfield. She's the mother who started it all when she was kicked out of the Hollister in the Galleria Mall in Houston. :)

Lakeland square mall, (I don't think the pic was labeled with  the state). These women are being told by security that they can't sit, but they can stand.

This one is somewhere in Fl.

Willowbrook Mall, NJ

This woman, and her two friends in Concord Mall in Delaware were harrassed by security. Here is a link to the story on them... http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/07/16389791-breast-feeding-moms-say-they-were-harassed-by-security-at-delaware-mall?lite  It doesn't look like it's going to be clicky, but if not I'm not sure how to make it clicky...

There's many more stories and pics from this nationwide event here... http://www.facebook.com/jennie.cashmere#!/events/191004591024062/192818427509345/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Replies (61-63):
loisl25
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM

BUMP!

Mdmooch
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I think this is great! I can't get out there and participate today but I am with you all in spirit. I think we should applaud stores which do have a special area to nurse. My Nordstrom has a huge room with super comfy chairs, a changing table and a sink. This is room is on the way to the bathroom but not in the bathroom. I love going there because it is quiet and relaxing. Also the Destination Maternity store let's mothers use their large dressing room. Our mall is very family friendly and has a nursing room but it is on the way to the restrooms. I have just sat on some chairs in the mall before but I like it to be quiet and I like to sit in a comfy chair if possible. My babies are busy bodies and they constantly pull off to look at things if we are in a. busy spot but I don't mind nursing in public if I have to. Good luck to everyone who makes it out today!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)