Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Dealing with thrush

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
My 3 month old has thrush. He uses a nipple shield which I know I need to boil after each use but what about his paci? He has it constantly. How often should I boil it? Also...since he uses a nipple shield (please no bashing about that, I have flat nipples and used one with my first child for 15 months with no problems) should I still treat my nipples? I have no symptoms myself. I just have no idea because I've never had to deal with thrush before.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Pacifier ALSO gets boiled every time. And yes, you must treat yourself... if you don't it's as if you're doing nothing at all. Both of you get treated because even if you're asymptomatic now you can have it. Every single thing that goes in his mouth gets boiled when it comes out.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Treat yourself, boil the paci every time you do the shield.

JessicasMom123
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:53 AM
My oldest had thrush at that age too and her pedi said to see if she would suck on a dill pickle. So we tried it...cut the tip off and gave it to her for a few seconds...she loved it! We did it 2x a day for 3 days and it was gone. Didn't ruin anything, she was ebf. Just a thought, you can ask the dr too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tigerlily75
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

yes i would boil everything including the pacifier and treat your nipples just in case

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Yep.....sterilized. everything that baby has put in the mouth. Also know that anything acidic will help kill yeast such as vinegar and lemon. robotics is also good. how are you treating baby's thrush?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN