Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how may bottles should a 6 week old get at daycare in 8hr day

Posted by   + Show Post

anyone else go back to wor an d still ebf ??

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Replies (31-34):
jocelynred
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Quoting melindabelcher:

Yes. The biggest thing is absolutely no bottles while your home. no need to introduce a bottle just hand baby and bottle to daycare and go to work.

hm,. while i agree in theory, every baby is different. i had a 12 week old when i worked in a daycare that wanted nothing to do with the bottle while she was with me. not to scare you op. but maybe some kind of happy medium? like maybe arrange a few hours baby can visit the daycare and let them feed her a bottle. i had one mom that came to the daycare for a couple of days before her child started. she stayed in my classroom most of the day. the baby napped and ate and everything while she was there. or, have a family member give a bottle while you are out of the house? good luck. it will all work out in the end.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I went back to work full time at 8 weeks. DD still bf'd when I was home and took bottles when I wasn't.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:36 AM
And if baby doesn't eat in day care it's called reverse cycling. Mom should never give a bottle. Whether they've taken a bottle in the past or not doesn't necessarily influence wether they take one at day care.
If baby refuses bottles care giver can try a different bottle, open cup, sippy cup without the valve, spoon feeding the milk. or baby will just make up for it with mom. It's really not that big of a deal

Quoting jocelynred:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Yes. The biggest thing is absolutely no bottles while your home. no need to introduce a bottle just hand baby and bottle to daycare and go to work.

hm,. while i agree in theory, every baby is different. i had a 12 week old when i worked in a daycare that wanted nothing to do with the bottle while she was with me. not to scare you op. but maybe some kind of happy medium? like maybe arrange a few hours baby can visit the daycare and let them feed her a bottle. i had one mom that came to the daycare for a couple of days before her child started. she stayed in my classroom most of the day. the baby napped and ate and everything while she was there. or, have a family member give a bottle while you are out of the house? good luck. it will all work out in the end.

xxshelbyxxx
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Your 6 week old shouldn't be in daycare !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)