Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

*Gasp* I can't believe my 6yo said that!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 6yo dd got a baby doll for Christmas. It came with a cute little diaper bag filled with diapers, baby food and a bottle. She loved it :-)

So I walk in the room and she's busy getting everything set up and she asked me to hand her the bottle. Being playful, I ask her if the bottle is filled up with Boo- boo milk? She turns, gives me a serious look and says deadpan, "No, the bottle has Formula in it." "I made a choice to feed my baby Formula."

Okay then,lol. I took a moment to get the humor off my face and replied, "You're right." " It is absolutely your choice to feed your baby what you think is best."

This is coming from a child who is still breast fed... LOL

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
paganbaby
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Most likely my sil.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Sounds like she is repeating something she heard. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:25 PM

If she still has that attitude when she's a mom, if she becomes a mom, (my own mother insists that dd will be a childless lesbian LOL) then I'll be sad too.

Quoting MissSarah04:

That's would actually make me a little sad. Although it is funny because I know kids that age say some crazy stuff.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

happysnappyJ
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Sounds like she is repeating something she heard from somewhere. But that is too cute. Are you really still breastfeeding a 6 year old? No judgement at all, but that is the longest I've heard. Do you still nurse from the breast or do you pump? 

Shanon1
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM

LOL OMG! That's way too cute. I'd have to try hard not to laugh but it deff. sounds like she mighta got that from her aunt. But either way, way to go for still bfing @ that age! you rock

MissSarah04
by Sarah on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. My mom thought I'd be a childless lesbian. But when I dated girls we always planned on getting me prego with a turkey baster. I then fell in love with a guy and got prego the ole fashioned way. Lol.

Quoting paganbaby:

If she still has that attitude when she's a mom, if she becomes a mom, (my own mother insists that dd will be a childless lesbian LOL) then I'll be sad too.

Quoting MissSarah04:

That's would actually make me a little sad. Although it is funny because I know kids that age say some crazy stuff.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Kids are so funny. My 21 month old got her 1st baby doll for Christmas. It came with a bottle, but she has no idea what it is. I told her the bottle was used to feed the baby...but apparently she was still confused. She pulled up her shirt & breastfed the doll. Cutest thing ever.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Me, too. :-/ I think the bottle would *disappear* when no one was looking.

Quoting MissSarah04:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gsdlover
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:28 PM
3 moms liked this

My 2 year old daughter was flooded with dolls that all had bottles with them for Christmas.  And most of the family kept trying to get her to use them on her dolls despite knowing that I wish to raise her to view breastfeeding as the norm, not bottles.  The bottles just vanished mysteriously while I was picking up the wrapping paper from the presents to straighten the room. >:)  I don't judge people who choose formula feeding, but people need to respect how I raise my children as well.  I don't go up to their daughters and start trying to make them put dolls to their nipples!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Me, too. :-/ I think the bottle would *disappear* when no one was looking.

Quoting MissSarah04:

MaMaLaLa78
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

LOL- kids say funny things.

Have you thought about giving her a "taste" of formula.  I bet she would change her mind.

;)  

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:37 PM

LOL Thats funny,, I wonder what conversation she overheard. Maybe its coming from the other little girls in school. My daughter got confused at one point because one little girl in her class told her that her mommy was gross for breastfeeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN