Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do u really still have to take your prentenal vitamins while u breast feed or just regular vitiams am getting tired of taking them lol thaats y i ask 

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
EmmaZate
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I wanted to add that they sometimes prescribe them to mamas ttc too

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I've taken prenatal vitamins consistently for the past 13 years, when pregnant with my 4, through breastfeeding and in between. I'm sure there are nutritional gaps in my diet. I buy prenatals OTC. They typically prescribe the vitamins for pregnant AND nursing mothers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Yes, yes, most definitely! That population is perhaps the most important because of the importance of folic acid in the earliest stages of a baby's development.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I've taken prenatal vitamins consistently for the past 13 years, when pregnant with my 4, through breastfeeding and in between. I'm sure there are nutritional gaps in my diet. I buy prenatals OTC. They typically prescribe the vitamins for pregnant AND nursing mothers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I didn't even take them during pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ljpaszek
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I had to stop taking my prenatals during my pregnancy as they were irritating my already terrible morning sickness...which lasted until about 24 weeks. I gave up in them after trying several time to keep taking them. I switched to gummy kids vitamins. I still take those.

sugar38
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:14 PM

well i guess i take them seeing as i stil breast feeding ugh thnks 

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Yes, yes, most definitely! That population is perhaps the most important because of the importance of folic acid in the earliest stages of a baby's development.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

almondpigeon
by Amanda on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I've never taken them while breastfeeding. Then again, I didn't take them while pregnant either!
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:52 PM
I know several moms who can only stomach the kids' gummies. :-)

Quoting ljpaszek:

I had to stop taking my prenatals during my pregnancy as they were irritating my already terrible morning sickness...which lasted until about 24 weeks. I gave up in them after trying several time to keep taking them. I switched to gummy kids vitamins. I still take those.

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Your body puts the baby first, so you are ring deprived of vitamins when nursing. So if you take prenatals, you are more likely to get those nutrients.
sugar38
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM

thnks guess i take them

thank you

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Your body puts the baby first, so you are ring deprived of vitamins when nursing. So if you take prenatals, you are more likely to get those nutrients.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:02 AM

It's optional. You can, don't have to and no harm if you don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)