Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

It really does work!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 4 Replies
So up until now I've been using saline rinse when dd has a stuffy nose. It usually takes 3-4 days but it helps clear her up. (She's had 2 other stuffy noses in her first year so it's not like this was a common occurrence) This morning I finally decided to try breast milk, since she and I both woke up stuffy, and she could only nurse for about 5 sec before stopping to breathe. I did a medicine dropper technique and she only fussed a couple minutes and within 5 min the stuffiness was gone and she could nurse without problems!

I never would have known this without you wonderful ladies! Thanks!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Breast milk and/or duct tape, can fix any problem in the world. ;-)
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I have a small wart brewing on my hand, I'm going to start putting milk on it a few times a day to see if it helps since the freeze off treatment didn't work lol
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I'm not kidding, I've used duct tape to kill warts! Put on a tiny piece and leave the tape until it falls off on its own, then put on another little piece. Even drs often say to use it; they don't know if the adhesive is irritating to the wary and triggers your immune response to attack it, or if its the lack of oxygen. But I swear by it!

Quoting audmom1218:

I have a small wart brewing on my hand, I'm going to start putting milk on it a few times a day to see if it helps since the freeze off treatment didn't work lol
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I tried that! But where it is on my hand it keeps falling off! :(

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I'm not kidding, I've used duct tape to kill warts! Put on a tiny piece and leave the tape until it falls off on its own, then put on another little piece. Even drs often say to use it; they don't know if the adhesive is irritating to the wary and triggers your immune response to attack it, or if its the lack of oxygen. But I swear by it!

Quoting audmom1218:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN