Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

This Is New

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

First I just want to say how much I love this group. I thought that breastfeeding my third baby would be a breeze, but I still have so many questions and concerns. I love being able to come here and get some reassurance. Thank you ladies for that!

Ok, so this has been going on for a couple of days now. Emma grunts and groans and is all wiggly through some feedings. She'll unlatch and try to chew her hands or suck her thumb. She latches on again and moans while she sucks. And her little arm goes crazy rubbing my chest, pulling my shirt or hair, and scratching at me. I have to file her little nails daily to avoid getting all marked up from it!

I'm thinking maybe the start of teething? She's 4 1\2 months so the timing makes sense. I can't feel anything going on under the gums though.

Is there something else I could be missing?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momonetime
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM
My 3 month old does the same thing...and I've been wondering why, so here's a bump for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM

COuld be teething but the 4 month growth spurt is hellacious too & she may be a little late but going through that too. OR it could be both...:/

BabyFruit Ticker

lucaslexie
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM

mine does that right before she poops :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Teething misery starts long before you can feel anything. There may be some of that, along with, "Lookee what else I've learned how to do!"

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM
4 month olds are little monsters lol! Normal :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN