Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon did you...?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 27 Replies
DD is 7 months old and we EBF, I hardly pump except if I truly need to be away from DD. We have been trying to introduce solids for about a month now. It is not really going smoothly, she has hardly any interest in it. So she is pretty much just breastfed. So my question is when did you get your period back? And were you on any form of BC while BFing? Also how often did/do you nurse?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I got mine back at 4 months pp while ebf with no paci's & no bottles & we used condoms on the rare occasion we did have sex

BabyFruit Ticker

heartnhidin
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM
We use condoms also when we do have sex. I am getting nervous here.

Quoting mamabens:

I got mine back at 4 months pp while ebf with no paci's & no bottles & we used condoms on the rare occasion we did have sex

FelixFelicis
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I got my period back at 18 months, she was EBF until 2 years. I was on the mini pill. I don't remember how often she nursed but it was 8+ times a day and 2-3 times a night until I needed emergency gallbladder surgery when she was 2 and my milk disappeared.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
heartnhidin
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Wow that's a long time. You helped calm my fears of being pregnant. Sorry about the surgery.

Quoting FelixFelicis:

I got my period back at 18 months, she was EBF until 2 years. I was on the mini pill. I don't remember how often she nursed but it was 8+ times a day and 2-3 times a night until I needed emergency gallbladder surgery when she was 2 and my milk disappeared.

FelixFelicis
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Its normal to not have your period back by now, especially if you still nurse every 2-3 hours :)

Quoting heartnhidin:

Wow that's a long time. You helped calm my fears of being pregnant. Sorry about the surgery.

Quoting FelixFelicis:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
luna321
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM

My son just turned 2 and still no AF! He nurses lots but I don't really keep track of it.

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM
With my first I went 13 months without period and my second is almost 11 months and still no sign.
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM

13 months. All return dates are normal, but we've also seen moms go baby to baby with no period. I knew one woman who was period-free for a decade, with three babies in that time.

heartnhidin
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I just tested and it is negative. I do not want another baby anytime soon.

Quoting gdiamante:

13 months. All return dates are normal, but we've also seen moms go baby to baby with no period. I knew one woman who was period-free for a decade, with three babies in that time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM
With my 4th baby my period came back when she was 26 months old. By then she'd been nursing 1-4 times a day for a year. And my first few cycles were no ovulation. I nfp chart, no other bc. She started sleeping through the night around 18 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)