Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Toddler Moms**Update 1/2/13

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 20 Replies

Have any of you had to be away from your child and not be able to nurse them for a few days and then when you saw them again they latched back on?

My son is 18 months and I have been in the hospital since Sat. I have to get my gallbladder removed tomorrow morning and hopefully be able to go home tomorrow afternoon. I am going to try and start nursing again the day after. I am just afraid he wont want me anymore :/

anyone else been in the same situation? thoughts?

I have been home for almost 2 hours now and he wants nothing to do with me, or my milk. I am devastated. I don't know what to do, except keep trying until he fully turns it down.

It breaks my heart. He went to it and a second later like gagged a little. However he is sick too. So maybe that's why, but I don't know, I really hope he is not done :/

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    MrsRinehart2010
    by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    1 mom liked this

you shouldnt have a problem with it ... honestly just go home an place baby there for the day as much as possible with you :O)

ApachePunk
    by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    1 mom liked this

Yes, several times - both times I nursed my toddlers. My current nursling is 2 1/2 and is fine if I am gone. Can your toddler come to you to nurse a little bit at least while you're not home? I wouldn't stress over it, I am sure your little one will nurse just fine.

mostlymaydays
    by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    1 mom liked this
    When my dd was 2yrs, one of my other kids ended up in the hospital for a week with complications after a splenectomy. My dd had been nursing to sleep every single night of her life before that, and a couple times a day. When we were finally back together she picked it right back up and continued to nurse to 39 months.
    Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
    moroccanmommy
    by Robin on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    1 mom liked this
    Why can't y nurse? I had gallbladder surgery and nursed all the way til the moment they took me back. I was nursing within a few hours after to. I was 5 weeks Pp.

Feel better soon....
    cemcnair
    by Courtney on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    1 mom liked this
    Yes, I had a four day business trip when ds was 20 months. He asked to nurse as soon as he saw me again, and is still nursing now at 28.5 months.
    mama_carmel
    by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Well, he was here yesterday and I was going to nurse him, but because the GI doctor had me try out solids for lunch, the pain I was having came back full force and they gave me Dalotin(sp?) and my husband brought him up after that so I couldn't nurse him then. But I was sending home bottles of milk but my DH said that he takes a few sips and like throws it and looks around for me :/

My mom was going to bring DS up here for me to nurse him today, but I guess he has gotten sick so he couldn't come up here :(

I will hopefully going home tomorrow a few hours after the surgery, so If the anesthesiologist says it's ok, I would like to try to nurse him right away. 

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Why can't y nurse? I had gallbladder surgery and nursed all the way til the moment they took me back. I was nursing within a few hours after to. I was 5 weeks Pp.

moroccanmommy
    by Robin on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    1 mom liked this
    Make sure u have help after. I was hurting for a week.

Don't worry you baby wont give up the boob that easy ;)
    MamaCeleste0722
    by Celeste on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    1 mom liked this

Yeah, I went out of town for 5 days and when I came back, the boys resumed where they left off :) 

I hope your recovery is quick!

gdiamante
    by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    1 mom liked this

Used to travel for business, ten days at a time. No problem!

catholicmamamia
    by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Not personally, but know many others who have been away and resumed nursing. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                             ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN