Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aspirin reaction, food allergy,or just sick?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
What do you think - reaction to aspirin, food allergy, or just sick? It's long, sorry -

Yesterday DS ate a regular lunch (beans & guacamole at chipotle - a treat to eat out, plus a few bites of a vegan chocolate cupcake), then refused to eat some dinner - he ate homemade salsa and 3 whole clementines. Why 3? DH let him have that many...DS somehow ate about a half dollar size of the rind too (he grabbed one, ran away with it, and took giant bites out of it - that was #3 & DH said no, so that's what DS did, so DH let him eat the rest). DSs normal clementine consumption is 1-6 pieces of a clementine.

He refused to eat anything this morning (breakfast & a snack were offered multiple times). He was super whiney & super clingy (not super unusual, he's 20 months, but definitely more than average)

It is recommended for me to take a baby aspirin for possible blood clot disorder since I'm 7 weeks pregnant. So I took one, as a trial, at 11:15 am. DS nursed right after, was done by 11:20 (less than 5 min). I distracted him whenever he asked for the next 2 hours.

He didn't eat any lunch. He's been scratching his eyes out like crazy since yesterday afternoon.

He nursed at 1:30 (2 hours after I took the baby aspirin). He woke up from nap at 3:30, threw up twice, and has been scratching his eyes out all day. He had a super goopy, almost white colored poop (?possibly from the clementine rind, possibly from aspirin, possibly from being sick, possibly from food allergy in the chipotle or vegan cupcake). He started eating solids again after he pooped....but is only eating a little.

DH thinks its food allergy related - which would not be surprising because he's allergic to 6 known foods and because the symptoms occurred starting last night, involved itching, and the poop had clementine pieces in it. I'm paranoid that its the aspirin (I won't take any more for a few days). It could just be him being sick, though - he's been exposed to a lot of kids and an airport play area in the last few days.

What would you suspect if it were you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I would suspect the beans and guac if it were our fa dd.  Concerning the white poop, was it only once?  If more than once I would call the doc asap.  Any fever or other symptoms?

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
No other symptoms - he was running around & laughing before bedtime & DH was jokingly saying 'yeah, he looks really upset and sick right now'.
No fever, good activity level, etc.
The white poop was a 1/2 of a poop and then a squirt 5 minutes after I changed him. And the squirt was like a light tan with some white in it, same with the 1/2 of the bigger poop (it was like 2 poops smushed into a poop in the diaper)

That was around 7 pm, it's 8:45 now

Quoting preacherskid:

I would suspect the beans and guac if it were our fa dd.  Concerning the white poop, was it only once?  If more than once I would call the doc asap.  Any fever or other symptoms?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM

If you get anymore white I would call the doctor tomorrow morning- white is one of the few colors I will call about.  With no other symptoms on the rest I would treat it like you do any other allergy exposure.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

No other symptoms - he was running around & laughing before bedtime & DH was jokingly saying 'yeah, he looks really upset and sick right now'.
No fever, good activity level, etc.
The white poop was a 1/2 of a poop and then a squirt 5 minutes after I changed him. And the squirt was like a light tan with some white in it, same with the 1/2 of the bigger poop (it was like 2 poops smushed into a poop in the diaper)

That was around 7 pm, it's 8:45 now

Quoting preacherskid:

CafeMom Tickers
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Google color of the day and you'll get an article that will tell you what could most likely have caused the odd poop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I would guess food reaction.  I wouldn't stop the aspirin regimen.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I don't think that one aspirin a day would affect him. I would say stomach bug and/or allergy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)