Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I wanna give up!!! & weightUPDATE!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 51 Replies
So weight first my son is 2weeks today. He weighs 7#12oz he was born at 7#7oz so. He has about 10 dirty diapers and 12 wet-not kidding.
So I know he gets enough milk.

Ok now the vent. I really want to quit. but I DONT WANT TO GIVE HIM FORMULA. so im at a loss. It hurts so bad even with a breat sheild. they burn all the time. They leak all the time( I will never complain at all about supply issues again) he on my boob all the time. My nipples wont heal dispite putting milk on them and letting them dry and occastional laninol. My breast are always full even when I pump. My kid is heavy and kicks my csection incision.

So only positive.... Im doing the best for my kid by no giving him processed crap. Ughhh

UPDATE: so now you all have me paranoid.....about thrush. I have an ob appt friday so ill ask them then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I had a lot of pain and discomfort nursing the first few weeks also.  My nipples cracked and bled.  All I can tell you is that by week 3 the pain was gone and it's been smooth sailing for us ever since.  dd is still nursing at 2 years old.  Just hang in there a little longer, breastfeeding is a learning experience for both you and baby.  It may take a little time but it should get better.

newmom121812
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I hope ur right cuz I could deal with all the rest but the pain is what is turning me off to breastfeeding

Quoting cabrandy03:

I had a lot of pain and discomfort nursing the first few weeks also.  My nipples cracked and bled.  All I can tell you is that by week 3 the pain was gone and it's been smooth sailing for us ever since.  dd is still nursing at 2 years old.  Just hang in there a little longer, breastfeeding is a learning experience for both you and baby.  It may take a little time but it should get better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Theres a good chance the leaking will stop in time also.  I leaked like crazy the first few months but it totally stopped around 3 months.

Quoting newmom121812:

I hope ur right cuz I could deal with all the rest but the pain is what is turning me off to breastfeeding

Quoting cabrandy03:

Beenhereforever
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Hun, the first few weeks are supposed to be like that. Keep doing what you are doing. It is not going to he like this. I was still still nursing my 21 month old when my dd was born. And I slowly weaned him and I'm still nursing her. Try to distract yourself with a t.v show or eat some grapes while nursing..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I had pain where my nipples were adjusting for a couple of weeks.  By week 3 though I was feeling great.  We are going on week 5 and feeling good.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM
You're dealing with a lip tie, right? Any luck finding someone to clip?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmom121812
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmmm grapes I can do that. Thanks

Quoting Beenhereforever:

Hun, the first few weeks are supposed to be like that. Keep doing what you are doing. It is not going to he like this. I was still still nursing my 21 month old when my dd was born. And I slowly weaned him and I'm still nursing her. Try to distract yourself with a t.v show or eat some grapes while nursing..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom121812
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Uh I havnt looked yet ive gotten barley any sleep cuz hes always nursing. But I do have a list of dentist(sp? Im tired) so I look at it tomorrow

Quoting audmom1218:

You're dealing with a lip tie, right? Any luck finding someone to clip?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

burning means thrush and that will stop damaged nipples from healing, look up thrush and see if that sounds like you

gsdlover
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Do what tabi_cat said and look up thrush. 

I understand how you feel about the diapers and heavy kid always on your boob.  My youngest just turned 5 weeks old and it feels like he poops every 5 minutes.  He often literally poops while I'm strapping a new diaper on him.  He weighed 9'3 at birth, left the hospital 8'11, and now he weighs 12'15.  He wants to nurse ALL of the time.  When he sees my shirt go up, his eyes get really big and he starts rooting with his mouth WIDE open. It gets rough, it gets frustrating but it DOES get better.  This is my second kid like this (out of four breastfed babies) and they do get better.  Just hang in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)