Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

HELP I CLIPPED my baby's nail

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

I clipped my Lo's nail while cutting them and it started bleeding. I wiped it with an alcohol wipe and put a mitten over it. what else should i do?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

If it's bleeding a lot, apply pressure.  Either way, apply breastmilk to it (it's like nature's neosporin.

luvhubandbabys
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Apply pressure. Don't worry it should be ok it should stop bleeding after a few mins. I did it too..it sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthje
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Pressure and not much else, i think this is something that happens to a lot of us!

thundersky
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
do what the others have said. when dd's nails would get too long i would cut them with my teeth. people looked at me like i was crazy but i didnt cut my dd again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angellove1119
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I clipped it to where it is not completly ripped off. Do i rip it off or leave it?

justone_jen
by Jen on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I would leave it. It'll fall off.

Put some breastmilk on it and relax, mama. I think this has probably happened to all of us. And it probably hurt us more than our little ones. :) 

justone_jen
by Jen on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I'm not the only one! :P 

Quoting thundersky:

do what the others have said. when dd's nails would get too long i would cut them with my teeth. people looked at me like i was crazy but i didnt cut my dd again.

gumeshoe
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I clipped my babies skin in the hospital on day 2. I cried more than he did. They told me don't use the clippers use the cuticle clippers and wait until he is asleep. Hubby tried to take him. I wouldn't give him up until he was better. I was saying I broke my baby. It was awful. But honestly it wasn't that bad, didn't take long to heal.

Mrs.Burke11
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM
You could put a bandage on it ans cover it with a mittens.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I think every mom in the world has done that. Terrible feeling I know but baby will be ok. Just leave it be. I actually find it easier to use the emery board in the grooming kit while my baby sleeps. I do it slow and her nails don't scratch at all. Ill probably do it that way until she's older and her nails aren't as tiny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)