Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Bleeding Nipples :/

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

Alright so my milk came in AMAZINGLY i swear i have enough for 3 kids lol. I have only been able to feed my son in the football hold b/c he may (have to see an actual ent dr befor it can be confirmed they think the lactation coach is wrong so idk) be slightly tongue tied... he can stick his tongue out very far but she said the little flap of skin is a little close thos his bottom gum. Well I have been sucessfully bfing now for 5 days and my nippies started bleeding... I have been using a nipple guard to try to help with the pressure b/c in the hospital they didnt want me to use creams and i had to raise hell to let them let me use it (took my left nippies (i technically have 2 there) to start cracking and they rushed it in to me) i have been using it after every feeding, i have been cleaning them and keeping everything covered and using my milk to help with the healing of them but once again my left nippies are bleeding... the pain isnt bad when i bf or anything after i get him on there i cant feel a thing but the bleeding is freaking me out.. i am scared to feed him on my left side so i have been pumping it until they heal... is this normal to bleed.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Not normal to bleed, no, however, it is normal that tues can lead to mom having cuts, tears, blisters, cracks, etc on her nipples.

No need to pump on that side - it's fine for baby to nurse on it. After you get it clipped it should be better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Yes it's normal;) I used Medela Thera Shells so they could heal. It's just a plastic shell that protects them. I used shields too and they were never a bad thing for me either. Whatever works and baby is healthy, happy, and fed:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Khalan29
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I"ve had bleeding and blisters with both my kids for a month, I thought it was normal? Who knows hang in there it will get better.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Not at ALL normal. It means the latch is bad. Rattle some cages to get into the ENT as fast as you can.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM

No, those are never normal. And they can be fixed.

Quoting Khalan29:

I"ve had bleeding and blisters with both my kids for a month, I thought it was normal? Who knows hang in there it will get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)