Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ahhr annoying/uncomfortible

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

i ant due untill febuary but the doc is sure she will be here this month.

But dang do i have to leak so much? just for funn of it i i stuck a bag on by brest using the bra to hold it in place and by the end of the day yesterday i leaked over 2oz!!! no wonder the brest pads are always uncommfy. i dont want my baby early but i do want to stop leaking!

The other issues i have is more mental i think. my kids know any mother that gives birth makes milk and my oldes 8yr even came up and asked when would i start making milk shortly after he know we were expecting. I dont think i can pump or bf infront of them on the regular in the first few weeks as baby and i learn. root of the problem is i think my moms boy toy, two years ago when jason was born i bf him and we were having a few issues (4-5 days old) and i look up and he is stairing at my cheast and the baby. one of my good friends noticed about the same time i did and flat out asked him if he wanted some :) I also have self body imige issues so when ppl staire i get uncomfortable. its not that i  am assamed to bf its all me and i know it. how do i get comfortable with the idea of brest feeding in front of 8 and 7 year olds. the brest is a sexual "thing" in this society hence bad for kids to see yet it is also a part of life that feeds the babys.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Quoting speidelboys:

i ant due untill febuary but the doc is sure she will be here this month.

But dang do i have to leak so much? just for funn of it i i stuck a bag on by brest using the bra to hold it in place and by the end of the day yesterday i leaked over 2oz!!! no wonder the brest pads are always uncommfy. i dont want my baby early but i do want to stop leaking!

Pressure on the nipple can sometimes stop the leaking.

The other issues i have is more mental i think. my kids know any mother that gives birth makes milk and my oldes 8yr even came up and asked when would i start making milk shortly after he know we were expecting. I dont think i can pump or bf infront of them on the regular in the first few weeks as baby and i learn.

That's OK.

root of the problem is i think my moms boy toy,

Those last two wrods tell me all I need to know about what you need to think of him... LESS THAN NOTHING. It's kind of a sad statement about your mom though.

two years ago when jason was born i bf him and we were having a few issues (4-5 days old) and i look up and he is stairing at my cheast and the baby. one of my good friends noticed about the same time i did and flat out asked him if he wanted some :)

Heh heh... some attitude!

I also have self body imige issues so when ppl staire i get uncomfortable.

Remember, their opinions are worth less than the contents of a latrine bucket... you can at least fertilize plants with what's in the bucket!

Unless you take public opinion polls for a living, then public opinions mean NOTHING.

its not that i  am assamed to bf its all me and i know it. how do i get comfortable with the idea of brest feeding in front of 8 and 7 year olds. the brest is a sexual "thing" in this society hence bad for kids to see yet it is also a part of life that feeds the babys.

Kids don't think of breasts as sexual. My brother and I were raised around breastfeeding. As a result, he doesn't see the breast as sexual and has the attitude that if breasts turn you on, you're immature. (An attitude shared by much of the world, I might add!)

Nursing in front of the kids is the best thing you can do for their education.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM
My children were taught first and foremost that breasts feed babies. Just a fact, nothing exciting or scandous about it. Soon enough they catch on to the "sexy breasts". But it's much better this way than trying to un-brainwash people who are only comfortable with boobs in bikinis. My boys are 12 and 9, my girls 6 and 3. They've seen me breastfeed one after the other. They could walk into a room of breastfeeding mothers and think nothing of it. I'm so proud that they don't get all "Beavis and Butthead" about it. Kids are curious but given am explanation they usually just move on. In my years of breastfeeding I have never had anyone STARE at me; that is a wildly inappropriate social reaction. Teach your kids the simple boring fact that breasts feed babies. They'll grow up better for it. ;-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:47 AM
I agree

Quoting mostlymaydays:

My children were taught first and foremost that breasts feed babies. Just a fact, nothing exciting or scandous about it. Soon enough they catch on to the "sexy breasts". But it's much better this way than trying to un-brainwash people who are only comfortable with boobs in bikinis. My boys are 12 and 9, my girls 6 and 3. They've seen me breastfeed one after the other. They could walk into a room of breastfeeding mothers and think nothing of it. I'm so proud that they don't get all "Beavis and Butthead" about it. Kids are curious but given am explanation they usually just move on. In my years of breastfeeding I have never had anyone STARE at me; that is a wildly inappropriate social reaction. Teach your kids the simple boring fact that breasts feed babies. They'll grow up better for it. ;-)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)