Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I AM SO UPSET.**Update in Purple**

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was just in the hospital for 4 days. and came home and my 18 month old wants nothing to do with me, and everytime he puts his mouth to my breast, he looks like he gags. Now, I know he doesn't feel well so it may be that he just doesn't want warm milk right now, but I am so upset that this may be it, he may not be nursing anymore. I guess because this hospital stay happened so fast, that i didn't prepare myself for if he decided he doesn't want it anymore :/

ughhh, sorry, just venting. I am really upset about this whole thing. i hope he feels differently about me and the milk tomorrow..

Like i said in the comments, he woke up in the middle of the night and nursed :) and then he snuggled with me the rest of the night. He wouldn't leave me alone all day today! I am so happy that he started nursing again. Now I just need to work on not having him kick my stomach area until I am all healed (Had my gallbladder removed yesterday morning)

Thank you all for your support!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamang
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Aw I'm sorry :( That must be making your recovery more stressful. Hopefully when he starts feeling better he goes back to nursing. My LO goes on nursing strikes too any time he's not feeling right.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Sorry, Maybee he is just mad at you for leaving, tomarrow is a different day. hugs

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Aww :( If he's sick/getting over a cold,could it just be that he's having sinus drainage and when he lays down to nurse it bothers him?

MissSarah04
by Sarah on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
He may strike for a few days. If you want to urge him to continue (i would since my min nursing goal is age 2) then just offer at least a few times a day. I am sure he will change his mind =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama_carmel
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I really want to nurse him till he is 2 1/2-3. I will keep trying ladies! 

Quoting MissSarah04:

He may strike for a few days. If you want to urge him to continue (i would since my min nursing goal is age 2) then just offer at least a few times a day. I am sure he will change his mind =)

SadieJames
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I would keep offering mama! Can you pump anything into a cup - to remind him it's tasty?
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Look up nursing strike. But as I mentioned in my other thread, mine could ignore nursing for days at a time then go back to it... weaned at 26 months.

mama_carmel
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:53 AM
5 moms liked this
Welll, I put him to bed and he didn't want to nurse, but he woke up in the middle of the night and nursed and laid on my the rest of the night. I am hoping this happens during the day too. I was so excited that he was nursing that I woke my DH up to see lol.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
:-) maybe he was *thinking* about it too hard and his coordination was off. Then during the night he was in autopilot. I'm sorry you were so sad at the bump in the road. That is super cute how you woke up your dh to check it out. ;-) Your son is super lucky.

Quoting mama_carmel:

Welll, I put him to bed and he didn't want to nurse, but he woke up in the middle of the night and nursed and laid on my the rest of the night. I am hoping this happens during the day too. I was so excited that he was nursing that I woke my DH up to see lol.
collinsmommy0
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM
DS refused to nurse for 24 hours 2 days after I got a pos pregnancy test.

I kept offering & he is back to nursing often. I felt the same way during his strike!

After he started nursing again, he had a bunch of diarrhea & was sick for a day or two, so I think he was getting a stomach bug.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN