Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teething (not biting related)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:05 AM
  • 5 Replies

My normally very happy, very easy to soothe and super nursing baby is not so easy anymore.

Hes teething. And while during most of the day hes still pretty happy and easy but when it comes to feeding hes so difficult! Hes never been difficult to nurse :( He fusses and cries and turns his head away from me. I have to really really work with him to calm him down for a while before I can get him to eat and when he does its for a shorter time than his typical session I feel. Sometimes he will even latch and then just unlatch and start crying again. Tonight I tried to feed him and he seriously cried anytime I touched his mouth with my nipple.. he wouldnt eat until I had gotten him to sleep first! My boobs are feeling it too. Earlier I pulled my boob out to finally feed him and just from touching it I started spraying and got a whole ounce of just my boob spraying out milk on its own. 

is there anything I can do? Is this because of teething or should I be looking for other issues? Its not a dairy thing cause I tried that and his poops have been normal and yellow (i had mentioned in another group that I thought they were green but my husband assures me they are not and compared two of his dipes and indeed they are yellow lol..)

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Are you using any teething remedies before feeding? Teething tablets or even raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums. Lots of moms also like Baltic Amber teething necklaces, which are available online.

Yes, it's because of the teething.

Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:44 AM

not really. My husband gave him infant tylenol one time which calmed him for a bit.But we have yet to try tablets..im nervous about one falling in his mouth and him choking or something. Ive never heard of the sweet onion thing, Ill give that a shot. Im hoping to get amber when DH gets paid on monday. 

Quoting gdiamante:

Are you using any teething remedies before feeding? Teething tablets or even raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums. Lots of moms also like Baltic Amber teething necklaces, which are available online.

Yes, it's because of the teething.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:47 AM

The tablets dissolve instantly under the tongue. Baby's more likely to choke on your milk. (I've had the latter happen!)

becky1109
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM

use some teething gel and some tylenol or a baby wash cloth frozen

momonetime
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM
The teething tablets are great!! And g is right, they dissolve instantly. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)