Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
When im away n i leave milk for my son id notice dat he drinks abt 6 oz every 2 to 3 hrs is dat normal for a 2 mth old baby to drink dat much?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Then you need to find a new sitter. She had a chance to raise her children this is your chance to raise yours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM
First sign of her arguing with you means she no longer gets to be unsupervised with your baby. End if story. My mil is the same way. She is no longer allowed to be alone with our kids because she doesn't listen. It's your choice either stand up now or keep backing down and risk finding out your baby has had a bad reaction to something she gave behind your back and can possibly die.

Quoting proudmama11212:

Believe me i tell nt to do dat bt she claims that she did it wit me n my silblings -.- den she gets my aunts on my case abt it i already told her if she keeps doin dat den im nt leavin da baby in her care anymore

Quoting jjchick75:

Yeah that is very very dangerous, please make her stop doing that!

Quoting mamabens:

Whoa! A breastfed baby should NEVER get anything but breastmilk. Google virgin gut. Also NO  water before 6 months of age , google water intoxication, baby can DIE. YOu need to go to kellymom.com & print out the  sheet on how to bottle feed a breastfed baby. It's NOT the same as a formula fed baby.

Quoting proudmama11212:

Its been going on since i startd to wrk which was 1 mth ago n well i do use the 2 to 3 oz bottles bt he usually drinks 2 of dem den falls asleep wit my mom he drink 1 (3oz bottle) n 1/2 den goes to sleep n sometimes instead of milk she gives him water or tea so he wnt be too hungry

Quoting melindabelcher:

Your child care taker is largely overfeeding!

While away you need to aim to pump every 3hrs and on one side while baby nurses on the other first thing in the morning every morning (even when you don't work)

While away your child needs to be left 1-1.25oz per hr of seperation (8-10oz for an 8hr shift) leave milk in bottles of 2-3oz and care taker feeds every 2-3hrs. Always slow flow nipples. This is forever how much baby will need. Your milk adjusts to meet needs.

How long has he been taking bottles that large. If it's new immediately cut back to appropiate sizes if it's been going on for a couple weeks start by cutting back 1oz out of the bottles a.week.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Too much.  My parents are not allowed to watch my children because my dad tried to give my first son (EBF as well) soda at 3 months.  My mom thinks giving formula is fine as well. I don't.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I hate to say this but it sounds like it's time to get a new sitter.

WhitleyLyles
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

did you really say "dat"?

I know this isnt a group for drama but that really made me scratch my head.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Giving the baby a bottle of pumped milk (or formula) and than a bottle of water has the same result as doubling the water you add to the bottle, and that's very dangerous. Babies have died from watered down bottles. This is a life-threatening argument you are having with her. Once upon a time people gave babies whiskey and water for upset stomachs but we are clearly aware that it is a very dangerous practice. So is her water, whether she killed any of you or not when you were little. She got lucky.

Quoting proudmama11212:

Believe me i tell nt to do dat bt she claims that she did it wit me n my silblings -.- den she gets my aunts on my case abt it i already told her if she keeps doin dat den im nt leavin da baby in her care anymore

Quoting jjchick75:

Yeah that is very very dangerous, please make her stop doing that!

Quoting mamabens:

Whoa! A breastfed baby should NEVER get anything but breastmilk. Google virgin gut. Also NO  water before 6 months of age , google water intoxication, baby can DIE. YOu need to go to kellymom.com & print out the  sheet on how to bottle feed a breastfed baby. It's NOT the same as a formula fed baby.

Quoting proudmama11212:

Its been going on since i startd to wrk which was 1 mth ago n well i do use the 2 to 3 oz bottles bt he usually drinks 2 of dem den falls asleep wit my mom he drink 1 (3oz bottle) n 1/2 den goes to sleep n sometimes instead of milk she gives him water or tea so he wnt be too hungry

Quoting melindabelcher:

Your child care taker is largely overfeeding!

While away you need to aim to pump every 3hrs and on one side while baby nurses on the other first thing in the morning every morning (even when you don't work)

While away your child needs to be left 1-1.25oz per hr of seperation (8-10oz for an 8hr shift) leave milk in bottles of 2-3oz and care taker feeds every 2-3hrs. Always slow flow nipples. This is forever how much baby will need. Your milk adjusts to meet needs.

How long has he been taking bottles that large. If it's new immediately cut back to appropiate sizes if it's been going on for a couple weeks start by cutting back 1oz out of the bottles a.week.

gsdlover
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM

My dad threw me into a wall a few times when I was little.  By your mom's reasoning, because it didn't kill me or cause permanent damage, it must be ok.  So that means I should throw MY kids into a wall.  Sorry, but that logic is slightly skewed.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Time for a new sitter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree...it took everything I could muster to be able to read the post. It took a while to understand it!

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, I agree. Grammar was so horrible I had a hard time getting through it.

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)