Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how do i stop biting

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ive tried everything to stop my 6 month old from biting me. Im sore now and it hurts to nurse him plus a tooth came in. Any ideas? Thank you :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM
When he bites remove him immediately tell him sternly no biting mommy that hurts, then either put him on and give him a second chance or immediately place him down facing away from you and the nursing session ends. No bottles/cups solids unless hes nursed nicely.
you need to make sure that he realizes biting means no eating
luckyme7
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this

When I first saw the subject, I thought you were the one with a biting problem, lol :)

levis1mom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I tried that it worked with my oldest but not this one.

Quoting melindabelcher:

When he bites remove him immediately tell him sternly no biting mommy that hurts, then either put him on and give him a second chance or immediately place him down facing away from you and the nursing session ends. No bottles/cups solids unless hes nursed nicely.

you need to make sure that he realizes biting means no eating

levis1mom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Lol i thought that too after i posted lol

Quoting luckyme7:

When I first saw the subject, I thought you were the one with a biting problem, lol :)

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Is he teething? Are you treating for discomforts related to the teething prior to nursing?
He can't bite while actively nursing. Watch.for cues that he's not actively nursing and try taking him off before he can bite?
levis1mom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Yes hes teething. I do give him stuff but not before i nurse him .Ill try that :)

Quoting melindabelcher:

Is he teething? Are you treating for discomforts related to the teething prior to nursing?

He can't bite while actively nursing. Watch.for cues that he's not actively nursing and try taking him off before he can bite?

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Ah ha! Thats likely your culprit!! :)
Yes teething tablets, cold/frozen knotted wash cloths to chew on, cold carrots etc can be a big help.

Quoting levis1mom:

Yes hes teething. I do give him stuff but not before i nurse him .Ill try that :)

Quoting melindabelcher:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)