Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

MIL keeps telling to use bottle!!!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 68 Replies

Seriuosly. I just shake my head. I tell her no. I have bottles and saved milk in the freezer for emergencies but i will not give him a bottle. I dont have enough to pump but just to feed him. She says then is time to swtich to formula. WTH??? No i told her. Everytime i see her she ask me if i gave him a bottle. I said no. He can take a bottle but i refuse to give him any becuase he is breastfed. Why do all the work of pumping and giving him a bottle when i can just put him on my breast. We both enjoy it. I love that bond with him. Im not breaking that. Only if is necessary i will.

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Sorry your getting unnecessary comments. bottles are so much more work.
Keep it up mama your doing a great job
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by Sarah on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
4 moms liked this

Don't you wish some people came with a mute button.

cpflum08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Oh man that sucks! Tell her to back off already, she raised her kid/s already let you raise yours now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
None of my 4 ever had bottles. "Time to switch" to formula?!? Why? I'd be afraid to leave the baby alone with her because she seems a little hell bent on those bottles of formula.
mrsbrand
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell her when she can come up with a fact based reason and citations for it you can sit down and discuss it, until then, you've done her research and she should be thankful you are doing the very best thing you could be doing for her grandson.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM
That sounds so stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsy9023
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM

she says is for him to get use to it in case of emergencies but i know is because she wants him to sleep over her house, lmao ain't gonna happen

Quoting melindabelcher:

Sorry your getting unnecessary comments. bottles are so much more work.
Keep it up mama your doing a great job

betsy9023
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

She says breast is best but should also drink from a bottle. I just don't get her point.

Quoting mrsbrand:

Tell her when she can come up with a fact based reason and citations for it you can sit down and discuss it, until then, you've done her research and she should be thankful you are doing the very best thing you could be doing for her grandson.

mrsbrand
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Go back to the facts argument then. And you can bring up how it can sabotage supply, cause a bad latch, your breasts won't get the biofeedback to tailor the milk. Etc etc etc. Bombard her with facts.

Quoting betsy9023:

She says breast is best but should also drink from a bottle. I just don't get her point.

Quoting mrsbrand:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I would simply set boundaries with her....now its bottles next it will be something else. so just tell her that you already said no bottles and to not bring it up again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)