Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

FB groups

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
Has anyone belonged to a FB bfing group? It's sure not like this one! I can't believe some of the terrible advice! Several times I've seen people say to CIO and not feed baby if they wake up in the night! Wth! Then they wonder why they have supply issues and baby has weight issues. I could never let my hunger baby cry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM
The bump group isn't much better. I got flamed numerous times for suggesting the 1oz per hour rule as it is "starving your baby" and not every baby can survive on such small amounts. Nobody would back me up there. I could only correct so much misinformation before giving up!
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM
My baby survives just fine on an ounce an hour:) it's really crazy. I keep providing correct info but feel like it gets lost in all the crap answers.

Quoting audmom1218:

The bump group isn't much better. I got flamed numerous times for suggesting the 1oz per hour rule as it is "starving your baby" and not every baby can survive on such small amounts. Nobody would back me up there. I could only correct so much misinformation before giving up!

eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Oh, actually she reverse cycles and takes usually about 6 oz in a 9 hr period.

Quoting eagerforbaby:

My baby survives just fine on an ounce an hour:) it's really crazy. I keep providing correct info but feel like it gets lost in all the crap answers.

Quoting audmom1218:

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Yup! My daughter averages 4-6 oz in a 9 hr pperiod while I'm working since she was 3 mo old.  With Daddy she takes 4, anyone else 6 (they aren't as good at occupying her).  Yeah, she nurses 3-4x/night but we co sleep and i only have to wake up enough to lift my shirt!!

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Oh, actually she reverse cycles and takes usually about 6 oz in a 9 hr period.

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Quoting audmom1218:

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:35 PM

The best was the woman who got all snippy saying "i have never met one working woman who can handle reverse cycling.  When you actually have to function during the day you can't be tending to a newborn all night".  Ugh!! I am a full time working mom too... trying to show you that it isn't as hard as you think!!! I quit going back there!

Oh and the FB group I'm a part of, whenever somebody posts with "how do i up my supply" everyone jumps in with the typical reglan, fenugreek, oatmeal, etc. without helping determine if/why there is an actual supply problem.

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Quoting audmom1218:

MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I belong to a group that gives pretty accurate advice. It's "Breastfeeding Support Group", headed up by a gal named Allison. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN