Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Twin names??

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 21 Replies

My sister is having twins...THUSDAY and they are having a hard time naming them.  The first names are Adalyn and Ansley.  Any adivce would be great!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucaslexie
by Hollie on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM

THURSDAY, sry

shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM
No suggestions cause I'm bad at names. DH pretty much picked our kids names. But congrats to you Auntie and congrats to the mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmom121812
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Imo I wouldnt do names that rhyme or sound alike or start w the same letter. Pick individule names for them. And I didnt name my kid til he was born so no help sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KendraCay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I would do two totally different names

Quoting newmom121812:

Imo I wouldnt do names that rhyme or sound alike or start w the same letter. Pick individule names for them. And I didnt name my kid til he was born so no help sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
As would I!
I also named my kids after they were born. We just had a list of 5-10 names we liked and saw which name fit.
My oldest wasnt named until around 48hrs old. I know others who didnt name them until 2weeks old.

Quoting KendraCay:

Quoting newmom121812:

lucaslexie
by Hollie on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Yeah I really like Adalyn but not so much Ansley...but they are 100% sure they are using these names. We just have to come up with middle names.

sarasquiverfull
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I'm a fan of Grace, Faith, Hope and Joy for middle names.  I think they go well with just about any name.

maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I think both names are beautiful. Maybe middles that mean something? Like mama's middle name for one and first name for the other? My girls all have middle names after important women in our families.
sarasquiverfull
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'm expecting twins and mine will start with the same letter.  Not just because they are twins.  I've done that with each of my kids.  We have 2 kids per letter.  Two R's, Two A's, Two S's.  These babies will start with J.  Jason and James or Joslyn and Julianna.  We'll use one of each of the names.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree also, I hate match-y or same first letter twin names. Yuck.

Quoting melindabelcher:

As would I!

I also named my kids after they were born. We just had a list of 5-10 names we liked and saw which name fit.

My oldest wasnt named until around 48hrs old. I know others who didnt name them until 2weeks old.

Quoting KendraCay:

Quoting newmom121812:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)