Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Do moms know it all with breastfeeding?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my dd will be 5 months on January 14. She loves nursing/comfort nursing through the night. My mom says "you're just going to have to nurse her every 4 hours and make her sleep the rest of the time." I'm thinking I'm doing the right thing by giving her the breast whether to eat or for comfort day or night. Is my mom right or am I doing the right thing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Nurse on demand
RochelleFS
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. We nurse on demand. Keep following your instincts and don't worry what others think.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Do what works best for you and your daughter. I coslept with  my dd for over a year and nursed her as often as she wanted. She is a perfectly healthy 18 month old now who sleeps 12 hours in her own bed every night. There isn't a thing wrong with what you're doing. You're building a beautiful bond with your daughter and should continue comfort nursing as long as you both desire. 

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Your mom is WRONG. She is trying to sabotage your BF relationship. Why does she need to know about how your baby sleeps? None of her business! :)
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Your mom is WRONG. She is trying to sabotage your BF relationship. Why does she need to know about how your baby sleeps? None of her business! :)

shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
While moms mean well, she's incorrect in this situation. Keep doing what you are and don't worry about mom. I personally no longer discuss sleeping babies and feeding with mine unless its something she has to know.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
This! My MIL kept asking if he was sleeping through the night yet. Little did i know it was a plot! I heard her telling him that as soon as he sleeps through the night and doesn't need mommy he can come spend the night with grandma.... over my cold dead body lol. He still wakes at least 3-4 times a night at 6 months anyways

Quoting Amberleigh81:

justone_jen
by Jen on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
On demand. Ignore mom.
piwife
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

your mom is wrong your right. i nurse on demand and my baby is 8 mts

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

he's so young, thats just unrealistic for a baby that age. Keep nursing :) ignore mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN