Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Too Tall To RF? -OT Question For the Car Seat Gurus

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 37 Replies

I suddenly noticed today that you can't see the "Graco" oval at the top of his seat anymore, does this mean it's time to turn it around?
In the past we've had lower capacity seats and hit the weight limit way before the height limit, so I'm in unfamiliar territory here.

Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorganTho
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
An inch from the top is usually the rule but bump for a tech!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Another pic, but he's leaning his head forward
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

1 inch from the top of the carseat is the rule. Looks like he is pretty close to that.

mollysmom328
by Stephanie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Looks close but I would say he might have another inch until he's an inch from the top (that could last months).  Find a 1 inch book and put it perpendicular with the seat on top of his head.  Then measure how much space is left and that will let you know :)

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. It looks like he's still ok for now, pfew! For some reason I was thinking they needed 2 inches, not 1. He's got a little under 2 inches right now.

Quoting mollysmom328:

Looks close but I would say he might have another inch until he's an inch from the top (that could last months).  Find a 1 inch book and put it perpendicular with the seat on top of his head.  Then measure how much space is left and that will let you know :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Yah, you're good to go, mama. When Tater got close to one inch, I measured once a week. I was terrified she was going to have a growth spurt! lol
Quoting larissalarie:

Thanks. It looks like he's still ok for now, pfew! For some reason I was thinking they needed 2 inches, not 1. He's got a little under 2 inches right now.

Quoting mollysmom328:

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Haha, I could see myself being paranoid like that....especially at the rate my kids seem to grow!

Quoting LKRA:

Yah, you're good to go, mama. When Tater got close to one inch, I measured once a week. I was terrified she was going to have a growth spurt! lol

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting mollysmom328:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM
What a cutie! What seat is that, and how old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM
It sounds like you got good advice so far. Did you post this in the car seat safety group also?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Thanks! He'll be 2 in a few weeks and it's a My Ride 65.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

What a cutie! What seat is that, and how old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)