Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Milk other than breast milk

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:34 AM
  • 33 Replies

Poll

Question: What type of milk do your kids drink (other than breast milk)?

Options:

Cow's milk

Goat's milk

Other animal milk

Soy milk

Rice milk

Almond milk

Other milk

None

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
birdiemom
by Allison on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll do almond milk when DS is old enough. He's 10 months now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kate.oneill
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:43 AM

With my daughter, we started giving her soy around 1.  My son is 18 months and we're doing almond instead of soy now...(but he won't drink it anyway).  As a kid, I was never a milk drinker; it always repulsed me... After becoming a breast feeding mom, the thought of giving another animal's milk to a human just seemed creepy to me....(we're not vegan, just weirded out by cow's milk...). Anyway, I have a friend who's son is sensitive to dairy and soy, so I was curious what other people do.   I'm of the opinion that milk isn't necessary to being with.... 

Blue_Spiral
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:53 AM

He drank a lot of goat milk after he turned a year old, but now if he drinks any milk it's usually hemp milk.

We're not big milk people, other than human milk anyway lol. He usually drank it at my mom's house when he'd go over there to play.

I always hated cow's milk and I also now hate how it makes me feel. Yucky stuff.

He's also had almond and rice milk a few times.

But like I said, I've kind of quit with most milk.

MamaDearie
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:04 AM

My kids actively hate other milk. It's kind of funny. None of them ever wanted any milk after they stopped nursing (and the one that is still nursing doesn't want any at all either). Their dr. isn't even remotely concerned as they get plenty of calcium and nutrients from the rest of their diet.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM

almond or coconut milk

We had dairy and soy allergies that the kids have now mostly grown out of but they still can't drink straight cow's milk without getting stomach pain.

CharMom23
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

We like almond and coconut. 

pipers_mom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM
DD and DS1 drink organic cows milk. They've tried soy and almond and didn't like them. I'm going to see if I can find any other milk alternitives at the store next month and try those (they try one new kind each month.) When DS2 is old enough I'm not sure what he'll drink because right now he has a dairy intolerance, so I may just give him a milk alternitive and skip cows milk alltogether.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids drink only water. We do cook with "regular cow" milk and they use it in their cereal but don't drink it.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Cows milk.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I drink cows milk. For a while we cooked with almond milk but now we're back to cows milk since ds seems to have outgrown his allergy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)