Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Just need to brag a little:)

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

So our sweet 4th babe is 3 weeks old tomorrow and nurses like a champ. His lowest weight was 6 lbs, 14 oz and today he weighed in at 8 lbs 9 oz. Let this encourage the frustrated mommies out there!  Our bodies know what they are doing even when we doubt them. He has a slight tongue tie that had me worried he's not transferring milk well and that my supply might have been affected,but nope:)  Hang in there mamas!  It's all worth it when you see your baby thriving on your milk!!!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
P.N._Guin
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Woo!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nerdygirl84
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Woo!

I was pretty excited yesterday when we weighed the babe and he's gained 5oz since his well baby visit on Friday. Success! I guess my milk works after all! :D

MommyofSoso
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I know the feeling. I was worried with this one since my first gained weight so slow but he just has a different metabolism than my itty bitty daughter. He was gaining a solid pound a week for the first almost 3 months, it has since slowed to half a pound a week. He will be 4 months on the 16th and is already 18 pounds!! My daughter is 2.5 years and only 26 pounds. They are night and day with weight gain.
christineT79
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Awesome & congratulations. I know the feeling. I'm a first time mom & first time breastfeeding. I was so scared in the begining & I doubted my body. Now that my baby is 4 months old & is gaining well I have so much confidence in my body. It's amazing what our bodies do. I think I've gotten more out of this breastfeeding relationship then her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)