Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Really pissed at myself

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM
  • 23 Replies
I was rushing out the door this afternoon to get to work and I forgot my pump parts. I have the pump, and I have spare valves and membranes so forgetting those is no big deal, but I forgot to grab the part that fits over the boob. I hurt so bad right now, if that isn't enough to drive a woman crazy!! I work 45 minutes from home so DH can't bring me my parts.

No need to reply or bash....I'm just venting at my own scatter-brained-ness... ugh....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Aww sorry mama!! :(
Atleast try to hand express some out to relieve yourself, clogged ducts are no fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addyangel
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I think I will, hope it helps a little!
Bethie_perez
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I did this one time....it hasn't happened again so far
Emadele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Hand express! Try to get it into a bottle (can be rough). You may be surprised how much you can get that way. Maybe even more and faster that the pump. :) maybe.
Good luck.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely try to hand express some. I worked 45 mins away from home forgot my pump, and worked a 12 hr rush shift in the cardio unit once. My breasts were literally the size of cantalopes on the way home and my shirt was soaked. Thank God I was tandeming and nursed both at once. It was horrible. :( I was in so much pain that day. 

addyangel
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Omgosh that would be horrible! No, don't think I'll ever make the mistake of forgetting any parts again...just considering keeping the whole thing in my car as I don't use it too often at home. Occasionally at night before I go to bed if DD only takes from one side.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I would definitely try to hand express some. I worked 45 mins away from home forgot my pump, and worked a 12 hr rush shift in the cardio unit once. My breasts were literally the size of cantalopes on the way home and my shirt was soaked. Thank God I was tandeming and nursed both at once. It was horrible. :( I was in so much pain that day. 

collinsmommy0
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I think many moms have had that happen. When I worked at a school & 4 of us were pumping, we all chipped in for an extra set of horns & bottles to pump into (we all used medela) if we forgot ours. I don't think I ever forgot.....if one of us used the parts, we were to replace them.

Definitely hand express - I don't pump because DS is over 1, yet I have to hand express sometimes & it helps.
misasue
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM

that is one of my fears and i have a completely ocd routine about it now too! 

shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM
I've done that. I made sure to keep a spare set in my desk drawer or in the trunk of the car. No bashing in this group so no worries there. Like everyone else said try hand expressing just so you can relive some pressure.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:58 AM
((Hugs))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN