Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

My Ten month old is getting tubes in his ears he still breastfeeds at night i need help

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 6 Replies
My ten month old is getting tubes thursday I cant give him food or drink after midnight what am I gonna do?! He NEVER sleeps thru the night...Thats goona be one long night!! Will he hate me after that?! Im not trying to wean him could this affect him?! Please help!!!
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Breastmilk is considered a clear fluid and can be given up to 4hrs before a surgery. What did they say about clear fluids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Did they state not even clear liquid? I know bm is considered clear liquid and can be consumed 4 hours or less before most procedures

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

um my daughter who has never had a bottle or sippy due to rytmic issues had a tube put in a 6 months. Put to bed late an lots of play if he wakes up oh an btw they tell you they will sleep alot afterwards but they dont ive been threw it twice. no anthey went full forced all that day .. your gonna be a tired momma.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Acording to the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, the guidelines for pre operative fasting for breastfeeding infants is that they can breastfeed up to 4 hrs before anesthesia. Check the protocols (print and discuss with doc as needed) here:

http://www.bfmed.org/Media/Files/Protocols/Protocol25_English_080312.pdf

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:06 PM
My dd had eye surgery at the Cleveland Clinic and they go by the "breastmilk up to 4 hrs before surgery start time". Her surgery was scheduled for 8am and I was able to nurse her to 4am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brycesmommy2012
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Thank you all for replies when i talk to them tom. I will ask. Hes a night nurser doesnt matter if he has no naps and stays up late he always wakes at night ive been past exhauated. I know they bounce back quick my daughter had tubea at 13months but she was not breastfed. I just dont want him to be mad at me. Hea my baby!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)