Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Birth control and bfing?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
  • 5 Replies
What kinds of birth control can you take while breast feeding?

I'm planning to bf this baby that I'm preggo with, but I NEED. To be on bc that works! Help me out ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:25 AM
You can take anything with low to no hormones. So there the mini pill, condoms, Paragard IUD, Mirena IUD, Natural Family planning, Depo shot can be kinda risky IMO because if there is a supply drop not much you can do until it wears off, Implanon and I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting.
GirlInTheFedora
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:36 AM
I'm on the mini pill. No decrease in supply! You just have to take it everyday at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I did mirena with my middle. This time I did the depo shot at 4 weeks, and if anything, supply wise, I kept my over supply from after birth. It's worn off and I've regulated better I think, I'm on the mini pill now until I can get my tubes tied hopefully next month.
rHOPEb
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I had a paraguard put in with my daughter.  Its the non-hormonal, copper IUD.  Had it in 3.5yrs, got pregnant the very day I had it removed.  I know have another one.  Its GREAT!  Its as if you are on no medication but can't get pregnant.  Your body has a regular monthly flow (when it returns).  And it doesn't affect your milk.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Mini pill, Mirena, Paragard, implanon, depo shot, diaphragm, condoms, natural family planning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN