Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

moving, has anyone ever broke down a crib?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
Has anyone ever broke down a crib and putting it back together? I am moving and we would like to take the crib and we are renting a suv instead of a truck since we don't have a lot of stuff.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Yes. It comes shipped from the factory in pieces and you have to put it together once, unless a store did it for you. I imagine you could find instructions for your particular crib online. Just make sure to bag all the screws, washers, bolts, and bobs that come with it and tape it to one of the larger pieces. Wouldn't want to loose any of that!

jakesmom323
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Yes, just did it in May. I kept the directions and saved all the pieces in a bag. Takes a little planning (prep) but for sure doable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Yeah. It's actually really simple (at least my DDs crib is). Just make sure to put all the small pieces in a ziplock baggie so they don't get lost.

Emadele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Yes. We actually cannot get our crib in or out of the boys' bedroom without first breaking it down. It's super easy. Just be sure to label each piece with masking tape if the orriginal lables are gone and don't lose any bolts/nuts/connectors. :)

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Yep several times. Put all the screws and manual in a.baggie and tape it to the mattress frame
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM
My husband is in the army and our crib lasted through four kids (its a full size bed now)

So I've done it more times than I can count.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)