Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Gentian violet: "for external use only" ???

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 15 Replies
The label states of swallowed to contact poison control immediately... But I thought this was safe for baby's mouth? Now I'm hesitant to use it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lorsmommy08
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

You don't put that much in baby's mouth. Just enough to paint it a little. I always just put it on my nips and let baby nurse and get it that way.

jelly.beans
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to try it that way! Thanks.

Quoting lorsmommy08:

You don't put that much in baby's mouth. Just enough to paint it a little. I always just put it on my nips and let baby nurse and get it that way.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this
I painted my nipples and also put some on a qtip just so I could swab up in the baby's gum line. I believe the warning on there is so people don't go and drink it. But I'm also sure it should only be used for short term treatment. Most treatment courses are 3 days. That's all I needed.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I painted my nipples and also put some on a qtip just so I could swab up in the baby's gum line. I believe the warning on there is so people don't go and drink it. But I'm also sure it should only be used for short term treatment. Most treatment courses are 3 days. That's all I needed.

thats what I was thinking, they need to make sure that their butts are covered.

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
jelly.beans
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Thanks ladies! I'm such a worry wort! ... Especially when it comes to my babies!
jelly.beans
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Did you reapply after every feeding or just twice/day?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

what is this for? thrush?

jelly.beans
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Yes. Sorry. :) baby and I have stubborn thrush. The dr prescribed nystatin for both of us and its not helping one bit.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

what is this for? thrush?

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
If memory serves it was twice a day. The only thing I wish I'd done differently would have been to put lanolin on her face first because she was pretty purple.

Quoting jelly.beans:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

jelly.beans
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL!!!! I wish I would have done that as well!!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

If memory serves it was twice a day. The only thing I wish I'd done differently would have been to put lanolin on her face first because she was pretty purple.

Quoting jelly.beans:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN