Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I love my doctor!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 6 Replies

So Squirm Worm (aka Adam) is now 9 months old.  His weight has pretty much plateaued, he's 15 1/2 pounds and 27 .5 inches long.  He's also crawling EVERYWHERE, cruising on furniture, trying to stand without holding onto things, etc., etc., etc.  This boy can MOVE!

The doc looked at how drooly, happy and active he is and said he's fine!  And oh yeah - breast milk is the best thing that he can be eating!

So WHY does my doctor have to be leaving as of the end of February?  WAH!!!!!  I hope I don't have a huge "failure to thrive" fight on my hands come April.  This guy is following his brother's growth curve.

Oh, and about that - Brendon is harnessed (he's 6) because of his Autism.  Even if he were 80 lbs, he'd be in a harness, not a booster.  But when Adam is six and 35 lbs, are there REALLY booster seats that are safe for a 35 lb kid who sits properly every time?  This mama is scared at the very idea!

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tigermommy24
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I have a graco car seat that goes to 100 lbs and its great
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Yay for a supportive dr, boo for him leaving. My son is 3 & 35 lbs & still harnessed in a  Radian & will be as long as possible. My girls were both harnessed until 6 & 8 yrs old & only were out of it becuase of height.  Brenden is small, is Adam too? Maybe he'll not be too tall at 6.

BabyFruit Ticker

pipers_mom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I'm sorry he's leaving, good doctors are hard to find! IDK about the booster. DD went to a booster when she hit the correct weight because I didn't know any better. DS1 is a little over 40lbs and still harnessed in a MR65 and he'll stay that way until he hits the limit of his seat, and then I may just get a seat with a higher harnessing limit lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM

my son has the Nautilus and he is 38 pounds and still harnessed. he will be harnessed until he is 65 pounds,hes four btw

ShadowLark
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Yeah, Brendon is in a Frontier, but he still fits in his sister's MyRide, too. So I know Adam will fit in a harness. If nothing else, there is no WAY a six year old of MINE will have a 20 inch torso! There's always the Frontier!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Man im jealouse about the Dr.,, You need to get a convertible car set. I have the Britax and its alittle pricey but its worth it because you can use it from start to finnish...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)