Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate breastfeeding!!! Vent...UPDATE w/problems

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 18 Replies
Ive had so many fricken problems im not enjoying this at all. After I get rid of one problem another one comes up. Wth. Everyone said it would get better.... All lies..
Worse part I would hate to give my baby formula even more so I get to suffer.

Dont get me wrong bfing is great just not for me ... Too many problems

Update: so im having major supply issues... I soak (you could squeeze it and get milk) nursing pads my bra and my shirt. Im trying reclined nursing and block feeding. Well its getting worse. My breast were burning bad so I decided to pump a little to relieve some of it. I pumped literally 2 mins I got 11/2 oz out of the right. And 1/2 oz out of the left....then my left nipple isnt healing but both hurt to latch on( even with the nipple shield). And something that I cant do anything about I hate growth spurts I get so tired.

Ugh. Oh baby will be a month on wednesday. Oh andpretty sure we never had thrush. Babys rash was cuz he is alergic to huggies diapers. And my burning is relived when he eats but they gave me triple nipple cream(anti bacterial anti fungal and ibphrophn(?) ) im suppose to use it after ever feeding but I have to wipe it off beforw he eats and I cant use a baby wipe so I have to get up and use the sink big inconvenance espcially at night.
Sorry for typos im mobile and feeding baby at the same time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
They aren't lies. Typically it does get better. But it takes a lot of work to get some problems rectified. You also have to get into a proper mindset. Nothing I hate typically ever feels better in time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

What's going on? I had every problem in the book too but pushed through it because I knew it was the best thing for my child. Let us try to help you before you give up.

aydensXmommy
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Judging by your screen name, your baby is almost a month old. Trust me, it's challenging, but it WILL get better! I felt like you, having to suffer through the pain because I didn't want to give in to the pleas of unsupportive family to give her formula. Finally something clicked with us, and breastfeeding went a lot smoother. Don't give up, your time well come soon, hopefully in less than a couple weeks. :)
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM
What problems are you having now? If you tell us when can try to help! I remember you describing the symptoms of thrush, you got lots of good suggestions, were you able to get rid of it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM

What problems are you having? Generally we can help you get through them if you want us to. It WILL get better, realy it does, even though it may not seem that way now. How old is baby?

BabyFruit Ticker

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, yea, babe... if you baby is only 3 weeks old you're still in the thicke of it!   It DOES get better and easier!   :)

Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:05 PM
They aren't lies. You have been bf for how long? A lot of us have bf for a long time so I think we know what we're talking about. Many things in life take time and effort. What problems are you having?
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:06 PM

The first 6 weeks are the hardest! Hang in there mama!!

piwife
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Hun you have only been nursing less than a month.. it doesn't get eaiser till about 6 wks. For me took almost 4 mts cuz my baby had a lot of latch issues. Now we are at 8 mts and doing great. I ff my first and never again. Being a parent takes a lot of effort. Breastfeeding may seem hard now but its the easiest thing to do...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Three weeks was the worst part for me. The pain was toe curling, but it was just me getting used to the constant stimulation.

Keep block feeding and if you pump, pump only enough to relieve, or you'll just further the problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)