Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

getting bashed to hell

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
In another group for being a breastfeeding advocate. So can anyone give me a link to a site that explains why growth charts are inacutrate for breastfed babies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Someone posted in this group a growth chart for ebf babies from the WHO, maybe?

Hopefully someone can help! GL

mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM

kellymom.com has  the WHO bf charts. Growth charts in general aren't a horrible thing (not important but not horrible) but  most dr's use the ones for formula fed babies.

BabyFruit Ticker

MonicaV1982
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:44 PM
3 moms liked this

From the CDC website where doctors get their growth charts

"

Growth charts consist of a series of percentile curves that illustrate the distribution of selected body measurements in children. Pediatric growth charts have been used by pediatricians, nurses, and parents to track the growth of infants, children, and adolescents in the United States since 1977.

CDC recommends that health care providers:

Growth charts are not intended to be used as a sole diagnostic instrument. Instead, growth charts are tools that contribute to forming an overall clinical impression for the child being measured."

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Info you need can be found on http://www.kellymom.com/..  Good Luck!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Oh man why oh why would you even bother arguing with moms who dont want to understand. I understand you want to get your point across though, Good Luck...    WHO chart.

celestegood
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I think I did a year or so ago.

Quoting MamaToCollin:

Someone posted in this group a growth chart for ebf babies from the WHO, maybe?

Hopefully someone can help! GL

celestegood
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. People like that don't care to learn something new.  It's a waste of time.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Are you pushy about breast feeding? I advocate breastfeeding but I do understand that it is not for everyone. Breastfeeding was so important to me that I managed to nurse an adopted baby but not everyone is as dedicated. I have a coworker that is a die hard breastfeeding advocate and she thinks that giving your child a bottle means that you don't love him and don't care for their health. Yes, it is better for the baby and for the bonding but, in ten years, it isn't going to matter very much whether a child is breast of bottle fed. My stepdaughter wasn't breastfed by her mother and she is just as healthy and bonded as my biological and adopted daughter are. I advocate nursing but I don't insist on it. I'm not saying that you insist or that you are pushy. I'm just saying that, if you are, then that may be the reason. You should not be bashed for giving your opinion but I know that some breastfeeding advocates can be very irriating.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:53 AM
This is the reason why I stick to this and similar groups.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Oh man why oh why would you even bother arguing with moms who dont want to understand. I understand you want to get your point across though, Good Luck...    WHO chart.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)