Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

is this normal?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
My baby is one week old today. My milk stayed coming in on day 3 and by day 4 was completely engorged. So here we are at day 7 and I'm no longer engorged. When I nurse I never feel a let down. It's as if my milk has regulated already. I know my baby is getting enough because of his diapers, I'm nursing on demand so he nurses a lot. So does this sound normal what my milk and boobs are doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Yep!  One week is generally when they start taking in more signifigant amounts of milk and so you will begin to feel "emptier"... just keep watching diapers.. you should have the first good growth spurt around 3 weeks.

christineT79
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I didnt feel the letdown until recently & my baby is 4 months old. It's different for everyone. I also didnt get engorged until she was about 2 months old. In the begining when she was nursing alot I seemed to make just enough for her & no more. As long as diaper counts are fine then you are good.

nicole4ray
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Good to hear! He is my third and it's never been like this before. I figured maybe it was because my 3 year old just weaned a few months ago so my boobs never forgot what they were doing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Oh yea, I regulated super quick with #3!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)