Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

When did your baby night wean?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 29 Replies

When do ebf babies night wean on their own and sleep all night?

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM
My dd is almost 19 months, and she still bf at night.
poosey08
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Quoting Junebaby18:

My dd is almost 19 months, and she still bf at night.y

yep mine is 18 months and still at it a few times. Just curious as to when they give this habit up?

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Quoting poosey08:

I have been wanting to do the Dr. Jay Gordon's night weaning book. I started but then she got sick, so I stopped. I'm thinking of starting it back up again next week. I would LOVE to not have to nurse her to sleep or during the night anymore.
poosey08
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • I don't mind nursing him to sleep, a few less night wakings would be nice though :)
Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting poosey08:

I have been wanting to do the Dr. Jay Gordon's night weaning book. I started but then she got sick, so I stopped. I'm thinking of starting it back up again next week. I would LOVE to not have to nurse her to sleep or during the night anymore.

lactatingloon
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM
My ds starting sleeping through the night around 3 months
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
From 18 months I usually couldn't take the night nursing anymore. They slept in my bed so I'd just tell them mommy was sleeping, milk was sleeping, and that was that, with a quick cuddle. I was getting so strung out from the lack of sleep that night weaning was the only thing that allowed me to continue nursing at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2CXh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Ds turned two in November and still nurses at night and to sleep. I attempted to night wean but it was hard seeing how he sleeps with me and I'm the only one ever home with him. He does not wake me to nurse much I usually sleep right threw it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM

It's different for every baby, breastfed or not. Feeding method has nothing to do with how they sleep. My son stopped nursing at night when I had to wean him(unexpectedly) at 25 months. I could have nightweaned him earlier but it was just too much of a hassle for us.

BabyFruit Ticker

momma1013
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I am up looking for solutions/ideas now. DS is 11 months and I'm so tired and can't even sleep :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poosey08
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Quoting mostlymaydays:

From 18 months I usually couldn't take the night nursing anymore. They slept in my bed so I'd just tell them mommy was sleeping, milk was sleeping, and that was that, with a quick cuddle. I was getting so strung out from the lack of sleep that night weaning was the only thing that allowed me to continue nursing at all.

how did they take it when you first told them boonies were sleeping?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)