Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Do all Breastfeeding moms cloth diaper?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you use cloth diapers?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 291

View Results

I went to the store with a friend and she asked me arent you going to get diapers? I said no I use cloth, she replied oh yeah you breastfeed, I should have known you use cloth. Huh?? So is it just a hand in hand thing to Bfeed & cloth diaper? 

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mommynwife26
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM
No. I tried but it was a lot more difficult so I switched back to disposiable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL I know about not liking lables.

I don't know what the deal was.  They'd bring the kids to me, and they'd already be wet when I got them out of the carseat.  Then every diaper I put on them, they'd be wet again.  Poop never leaked through.  It's entirely possible their Moms weren't doing it right.  But I just didn't want to deal with it all after dealing with that mess.  I had no faith.  I got the best diapers I could find and bought in bulk to save money.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Oh well then yeah, i guess im a crunchy momma!! lol. I hate putting lables on life, My dipers dont leak, I think sometimes they can if not washed properly...

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Yeah, I couldn't imagine doing all that laundry.  And with all the laundry I'd be doing, not sure it would help the environment.  I get environmentally friendly ones, and I flush the turds I can flush.  I'd also babysat a few babies who used cloth diapers, and I just hated the experience.  Their clothing ALWAYS got wet.  So I'd have to wash their diapers, their clothing, and whatever they happened to be siting on.  3 different brands, 3 different messy wet babies.  Though, none of them ever got a diaper rash.

Crunchy just means "natural."  Like EBF, cloth diapers, baby wearing, only ever using homeopathic things, only feeding the baby organic foods when they start solids, etc.  It can mean different things to different people, but those are ones I see often.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Its funny I dont even know what "crunchy" means, I EBF because its a no brainer, but I use cloth because I dont see myself throwing $$$ away. Not that I dont care about the enviroment, I just dont see how that would make that much of a diff.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

No, I didn't use cloth diapers.  lol

Are you "crunchy" in a lot of ways?  Maybe she's just getting that impression?

TTC2Long
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I do both. I think the longer term you plan to bf the more likely you are to also do things like cd, bw, use amber, etc. That would be a more interesting question - length of intended bf and cd.
luna321
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I do! and yeah my diapers only leak when its past time for me to strip them again, and I could definitely be classified as crunchy :)

jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:16 AM

not with me.. nope.. I used disposible... 

squeakers2
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I cloth diaper and baby wear. O.O Never labelled myself as crunchy though. Can't go all homeopathic with a child with auto immune, but definitely would if I could. I CD bc we needed to save money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Of all my close-in-age bfing friends in real life, I'm the only one who uses cloth diapers. So I'm only one of 10. 

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I bf because I'm too cheap for formula. (And lazy)

I cloth diaper because dd was blowing out of every disposable we tried ( so every diaper change was a wardrobe change. We had all the cost of disposable plus all the laundry of cloth so I switched and we haven't had a blow out or leak since) I spent 200 on my supply 9 months ago and haven't purchased any disposable since so in the long run it has saved me $$.

I baby wear because strollers are bulky and cumbersome and carts aren't safe, and halfway through the walk it shopping etc dd wants to be carried anyway.

I don't buy organic food.

I use napkins/paper towels, tampons and other "disposable" products. But I've learned a lot from "crunchy" moms about what's a necessity and what's excessive.

I'm also finding that dd prefers wood toys, simple blocks, musical instruments, etc over flashy expensive battery operated toys! So people think I'm a bit weird too!
rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I used cloth for a few months with dd1 but kept having issues so we went back to sposies. We've used them ever since.
birdiemom
by Allison on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I bf and cd.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN