Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Do all Breastfeeding moms cloth diaper?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you use cloth diapers?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 291

View Results

I went to the store with a friend and she asked me arent you going to get diapers? I said no I use cloth, she replied oh yeah you breastfeed, I should have known you use cloth. Huh?? So is it just a hand in hand thing to Bfeed & cloth diaper? 

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
answeredprayer
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I breastfed 3 of my 4 and only started using cloth with my 4th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Albond86
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I started cloth diapering my first at age one after I got tired of diaper rashes and tired of throwing my money away! He was formula fed! I'm pretty main stream about most things but I breast feed because its best and I'm cheap and lazy! I cloth diaper because I have two kids in diapers and its saves us a ton of money to do cloth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I wanted to so bad, but dragging dirty cloth diapers to the laundry mat all the time just wasn't something we were able to do. Next baby I will try my best to, I love the idea of cloth!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyCuties612
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I Breastfeed and no I do not use cloth diapers. Probably would if I had my own washer and dryer :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I bought one box of sposies for my in laws to help with the transition. They will buy more when they go out and about with her and use cloth the rest of the time. Just like bfing cloth isn't an all or nothing thing! We also used sposies on our week long camping trip. (We had some boxes from our baby shower).

Quoting yikesitsmindy:

I would if i were a sahm, but I can't ask my mom to deal with cloth diapers.

tlbmrf
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I use will be using cloth diapers as soon as Nellie is big enough and I use up all our diapers from the baby shower.

Britania
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Cloth diapering actually saves me laundry and keeps baby's clothes nicer. When he was in disposables, he was pooping up everything! Everything stays contained in cloth. :). Disposables are definitely easier though. I used them with my other two kids.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Yeah, I couldn't imagine doing all that laundry.  And with all the laundry I'd be doing, not sure it would help the environment.  I get environmentally friendly ones, and I flush the turds I can flush.  I'd also babysat a few babies who used cloth diapers, and I just hated the experience.  Their clothing ALWAYS got wet.  So I'd have to wash their diapers, their clothing, and whatever they happened to be siting on.  3 different brands, 3 different messy wet babies.  Though, none of them ever got a diaper rash.

Crunchy just means "natural."  Like EBF, cloth diapers, baby wearing, only ever using homeopathic things, only feeding the baby organic foods when they start solids, etc.  It can mean different things to different people, but those are ones I see often.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Its funny I dont even know what "crunchy" means, I EBF because its a no brainer, but I use cloth because I dont see myself throwing $$$ away. Not that I dont care about the enviroment, I just dont see how that would make that much of a diff.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

No, I didn't use cloth diapers.  lol

Are you "crunchy" in a lot of ways?  Maybe she's just getting that impression?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I BF and use disposables. A friend of mine FF and cloth diapers.

happymommy1105
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I don't but I am considering it.
Emadele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I use cloth for ds2 but when I was a ftm and breastfeeding with ds1 I used sposies. For me it was too much figuring everything out AND washing diapers. I just wasn't ready for all that. :)

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)