Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do all Breastfeeding moms cloth diaper?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you use cloth diapers?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 291

View Results

I went to the store with a friend and she asked me arent you going to get diapers? I said no I use cloth, she replied oh yeah you breastfeed, I should have known you use cloth. Huh?? So is it just a hand in hand thing to Bfeed & cloth diaper? 

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I use cloth now, but used sposies with my 2 older kids, and I breastfed all 3 :) I know a lot of nursing moms, and a handful of cloth diapering moms. . . .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I love Cloth Diapering!

We've been using sposies lately but thats because we are in a place temporarily without our washing machine/dryer. But will be switching to cloth again shortly and just washing them in the tub.

Liz132
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I do, I love cloth, I wouldn't ever go back but I breastfed my first and used sposies with her and I know a lot of women who breastfeed and use don't use cloth.

kathislove80
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I don't use cloth diapers, but I breastfeed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamoore83
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I couldn't answer the poll because I just started her cloth diapers yesterday, they well only be used with me and I'm not sure if I'll keep on doing it. So mine would be both. But I didn't think most bf moms cloth, but I could see most cloth mommas breast feeding though idk I might be wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CharMom23
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I have always used disposable
eatyourveges
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM
This. I wanted to do cloth because if saving money and the environment but my husband (very correctly) pointed out how much our laundry already gets backed up with two kids and both of us working full time...

Quoting justone_jen:

I am thinking about cloth diapering, but up to this point, I haven't.

I think people associate breastfeeding with women who are more natural minded. And many natural minded women cloth diaper. I'm not saying it's a good assumption, but I get it.

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM
We cloth. Before Ds was born I figured if I couldn't nurse I could at least cloth diaper. But really DS has a reaction to disposables so I kind of have to cloth.

We do it most but not all of the time (day trips, vacations, travel, etc, we don't, or when Ds is sick w/yucky poops we don't).
mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I stay home and can't keep up with the laundry for 5 people as it is!

For us, with the system I could get my husband to agree to it was only going to save us like $100 over 3 years. And since this was our last baby, it wasn't worth it- plus the laundry!

Quoting eatyourveges:

This. I wanted to do cloth because if saving money and the environment but my husband (very correctly) pointed out how much our laundry already gets backed up with two kids and both of us working full time...

Quoting justone_jen:

I am thinking about cloth diapering, but up to this point, I haven't.

I think people associate breastfeeding with women who are more natural minded. And many natural minded women cloth diaper. I'm not saying it's a good assumption, but I get it.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM

yeah same here. hey, what kind do you use? Im going to try to sew my own...

Quoting luna321:

I do! and yeah my diapers only leak when its past time for me to strip them again, and I could definitely be classified as crunchy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)