Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which nursing position do you use?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 14 Replies
Which position do you use, and how old is your little one? :)

Right now my 11 week old does well with a cradle hold. I think I've gone through phases of using all the different positions though, haha.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluvteeth77
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM
My son is 3 1/2 months and we use the cradle hold unless we are in bed, then it's lying down. I have never liked the football hold. It never felt comfortable with this ds or my older ds.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM
My son is 16 months. We usually use the cradle hold. He's started his nursing acrobatics so he'll nurse in crazy positions sometimes lol. We do side lying at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Cradle hold for us too unless it's bed time then we lay down. I also strongly dislike the football hold, felt very awkward. Joshua is 6 weeks old
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM
cradle hold when I'm holding her sitting or walking around, sidelying or reclined nursing while in bed and tummy to tummy while babywearing
Almost 10mo
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:02 PM

my son is 18 months and loves the cradle hold.

Gwensmom13
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I actually like the football hold. My daughter actually nurses very well this way. I am scared to try nursing laying down at night. I am scared that i will fall asleep and roll on her. Only have been a mommy for 1 week so i am totally new at this.

aniters
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM
My son is 13 months old and we use the cradle hold during the day. At night when I nurse him to sleep I nurse him laying down :) those are the only 2 positions we've ever used.
TattoodMommy19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Haha well my Lilly is 13.months. so, we use any and every position she wants. Pretty much I have become a milk producing jungle gym. Lol

When she was little it was always cross cradle or cradle mostly. I also did laid back nursing .
Her current favorite is sitting in my lap and playing with her foot while nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumbeme06
by Sara on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM
My dd used the cradle hold until we weaned at 25 months
outstandingLove
by Cheri on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM

DD is 2 weeks and we do cradle hold and laid back positions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)