Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what is the slowest flow bottles ?

Posted by   + Show Post

baby is visiting with dad every other weekend and 2 days aweek  and want to find the slowest flow there is we have the avent the nipple is number 1  but seems like it comes out fast

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM

No bashing at all! I'm very happy to hear they were able to come to a civil agreement and especially glad that the rules of how much is to be given are being followed!! What great news!

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

yes she is only giving 2 oz bottles every 2-3 hours ...baby is 7 weeks ..and b4 anyone bashes this was the only way they would agree to keep out of court system bc going through court ist mandatory for baby to be overnight 2 days a week and every other weekend and thats not possible...this is hard enough

Quoting melindabelcher:

How old is baby?
imo more important then the flow is the amount. Make sure baby is getting 2-3oz bottles every 2-3hrs. Never more then 3oz evey 2.5-3hrs.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I dont know the slowest except maybe the preemie nipples from dr browns, the breastflow is pretty slow.

Teach dad how to bottlefeed the BF baby.  Upright so that the bottle is almost parallel to the floor, barely milk in the nipple so baby has to work for it.  Burp after each ounce.  Small bottles each feed.

How old is baby? A whole weekend away is a LONG time away from a nursing mom

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM

WOW this is so sad.  Where are you? I have never heard of a court sending a 7 week old away from momfor whole weekends BF or not.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

yes she is only giving 2 oz bottles every 2-3 hours ...baby is 7 weeks ..and b4 anyone bashes this was the only way they would agree to keep out of court system bc going through court ist mandatory for baby to be overnight 2 days a week and every other weekend and thats not possible...this is hard enough

Quoting melindabelcher:

How old is baby?
imo more important then the flow is the amount. Make sure baby is getting 2-3oz bottles every 2-3hrs. Never more then 3oz evey 2.5-3hrs.

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM

DE and court is all about equall right for dad bf or notthe court phycologist says its best for babies up to 18 months then after 18 monthes its every other week the whole week away from mom..just unbeleivible i cant believe shes never had a bottle till yesterday and drank it like shes always had bottles ...oh another question she takes a paci should she try to not let her use it here and offer breast instead?

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM

do u know wherethe section about feeding is on  kellymom i cant find it

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I dont know the slowest except maybe the preemie nipples from dr browns, the breastflow is pretty slow.

Teach dad how to bottlefeed the BF baby.  Upright so that the bottle is almost parallel to the floor, barely milk in the nipple so baby has to work for it.  Burp after each ounce.  Small bottles each feed.

How old is baby? A whole weekend away is a LONG time away from a nursing mom

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM

These are the great links!

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Wow mama, you are doing an awesome job handling a tough situation!

Here are some links on how to bottle feed a breastfed baby:

http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/feeding-tools/bottle-feeding/

http://blog.nurturedchild.ca/index.php/2010/12/10/baby-led-bottle-feeding/

http://www.nancymohrbacher.com/blog/2010/7/12/breast-versus-bottle-how-much-milk-should-baby-take.html

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

The court psychologist is obviously an idiot and that makes me so mad!  None of that is good for a baby especially a newborn.  Full weeks away at 18 months!? insane!

YES I would avoid paci when with mom and nurse for comfort!

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

DE and court is all about equall right for dad bf or notthe court phycologist says its best for babies up to 18 months then after 18 monthes its every other week the whole week away from mom..just unbeleivible i cant believe shes never had a bottle till yesterday and drank it like shes always had bottles ...oh another question she takes a paci should she try to not let her use it here and offer breast instead?

pipers_mom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM
We use the new Similac bottles because I was given some by other people...I think they're about $5 per bottle, which seems expensive to me lol. The flow is pretty slow and we've never had issues with going from bottle to breast. I even ep'ed for 2 weeks and he had no problem at all going back to the breast. I'm happy to hear that they were able to deal with it outside of court and that they're following her rules with baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

yes they made up there own contract through a lawyer and in the contract says if formula is used in any curcumstace contract will be in violation of rules and then they will have to go to court she stresses absolutly no formula at alll ever ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)