Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wondering if I need to throw this milk out...I hope not!

Posted by   + Show Post
Today I left Elena for the first time. I had a few bags of frozen milk and on the way to my dads to drop her off I pumped so when she got there she had 3oz of fresh milk in the bottle. Well she only drank about 2oz and I had brought 2 frozen bags 4oz each with me just in case. (I wayyyyy over prepare lol) anyways we had stuff to do after I picked her up and the milk thawed but stayed cold in the insulated bag. So now I have 8oz of thawed milk in the fridge and she probably won't have to take a bottle again until Tuesday. So will the thawed milk be good for a few days or is it only good for 24 hours? I hate to dump it down the drain :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Replies (11-13):
victoriangavin
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Thank you, mostly I'm going on info I'm given and instinct.. No one in my family breastfed and none of my friends with kids did

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Never rely on WIC for breastfeeding, they are very poorly trained in most cases. 

Heres the link that works to best for storage info:

http://www.lansinoh.com/breastfeeding/storing-breastmilk

Quoting victoriangavin:

Wic didn't tell me that one! Lol thank you

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Thawed is only good for 24 hours in the fridge, fresh is good for a week in the fridge.

Quoting victoriangavin:

Breastmilk is good in the fridge for 7 days, deepfreezer for a year, and freezer for 6 months. You just can't refreeze thawed milk

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kyndiesmommy
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I was always told I could refreeze thawed milk once but no more than that. I have done that on numerous occasions. My daughter is fine sonic you're not supposed to do that oh well
cowgirls10181
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM
If shes old enough to eat things look up things you can make for her using breast milk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)